*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/952852-Fire-Clock-Certainty
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Spiritual · #952852
Five minute writing exercise. One word starts the story and two others in first paragraph.
         "Fire! Fire!” she yelled. “Help, let me out I am trapped inside.” Who is going to help she thought. Knowing with certainty she would burn alive; she decided to jump out the window. The grandfather clock struck 12:00 am as she jumped.
         Thoughts of her life passed before her as she fell. She remembered being a small child and dreaming of one day having a family of her own. Her husband would make lots of money and travel. This would give her the chance to see the world. She dreamed of laying on the beach in the hot sun in Hawaii. They would have two boys and two girls. Who would grow up to adore her.
         Her dream started to fade as she realized how selfish she sounded. The world didn’t revolve around her. She began to pray. “ God, I promise to give more and be more helpful to others if you just save me. I haven’t been a very good Christian and I don’t want to leave the world this way. I want to make a difference in someone’s life. I know I can help lots of people. I have the money to spare. “
         She looked to the ground and realized that their were firemen down there. They had set up a net to catch her. God had answered her prayers She hit the net and clung to it for dear life. The fireman had to pry her hands off the net.
         Two years later she was walking down the street and ran into a homeless man. He stopped her and asked her if she could spare a couple dollars. She talked to him for quite some time. Offered to take him to the store for a new outfit, and out to a nice dinner. The homeless man had lost his wife two years earlier in a fire. After talking for awhile they realized the fire was the same fire she had been saved from. It was like fate had brought them together.
         Over time they became good friends. She helped find him a job and even married him a couple years later. They had two boys and two girls.
© Copyright 2005 Melissa LaRae Nelson (azwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/952852-Fire-Clock-Certainty