*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/936509-Fancy-that
Rated: NPL · Fiction · Drama · #936509
Iraq war bride...at the end of the night
He nogiated the snow drifts like a Nascar veteran in a Carlina freeze over. She seemed a little passive, as she gathered her back-pack... and grabbed the left-over from tonites dinner.

Nothing was easy tonight, Heather's grandfather passed away earlier today. She just needed to get inside. The wind was really starting to blow. Uncle E.J. slid into the drive, a little bit out of control... but cherrfully said "were here"!

Heather kissed her uncle good night. She walked around the Lexis, and observed the "golden" ribbon affixed to the tail-gate. "Support Our Troops", she said under her breath, as she tried to unlock the door to her condo. Key-jamb- key-jamb, wrong-key. Heather, stopped, stood straight and concentrated on the key-hole. She knew the key to her condo... she has lived there for three years.
Uncle E. J. reved the engine and then sped left out of the circle drive.

Heather gave a slight wave with her left shoulder, but continued to negoiate the door-lock. A crackle of thunder, startled her. It was so loud it buckled her right knee.

Heather tried two more keys and both did not open the door. She was distraught, she needed to "pee" and none of her keys were working. A blast of "lightning" crashed into the field behind her complex. Mist started to swirl around her porch. She searched for the key to her house. It was very foggy. The mist was a little distorting. Heather rocked back and forth in an attempt to focus. There was another huge crackling of "thunder"! A "thunderbolt '! It weakend Heather's knee's. The door opened. She made the sign of the cross, A gesture she made often, when outed of small ordeals.

Heather shook herself off as she stepped into the elcove. She hung up her poncho, and moved to the upper level. Another busting "crack" of thunder and Heather shook her head. As Heather ascended the stairs she found that she had left her t.v. on in her kitchen.

The thunder "crackled" again outisde and then "bombs" exploeded on the kitchen t.v.

CNN was blaring about another insurgient car-bomb. Heather's knee's weakened once more. Micheal, Heathers fiancee was in Iraq, and he was up-range. Up-range means....up-range.. dangerous stuff. She could of hit her herself for leaving the t.v. on. She moved to turn on the kitchen light, sliding her coat off. Click, Click, double click..the kitchen light would not go on. Heather looked over at the mirco-wave and the clock was flashing "power failure". Another condo shaking bolt of "lighting".

Heather shook her head once again. Heather has been shaking her head a lot lately. She saw it...the blondish brown hair, the eyes,the smile, and teeth of all teeth. It was Michael...on the t.v. CNN...C..fuckin...NN.... wait... what...noo no.. noo. wait..

Heather shook....
© Copyright 2005 mitchell (tking at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/936509-Fancy-that