*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/933750-9-oclock-rendezvous
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Relationship · #933750
the beginning of a short story...
“How do I file paper work?” the dumb bitch sitting across from me said.
“I dunno baby, well have Jack do it,” the asshole across from me said.
“Me?” I asked “why the hell would I wanna do it?”
“No, just till Rhonda gets the hang of things,” John, the asshole, said.
“Its Veronica,” the dumb bitch said, looking into her compact.
“You guys ordering anything?” Lou, the waiter, at the restaurant were at, asked.
“No,” I said “just a soda, no ice.”
“Ill take a salad,” Rhonda, or Veronica, or whatever the fuck her name is, said with an annoyed tone, apparently she didn’t want to be bothered while looking at herself.
“Steak, medium well, and I do mean medium well, you fucked it up last time,” John ordered.
“I'm sorry,” Lou said, “I’ll fix it.”
“I don’t want apologizes, I want it done right.”
“Yeah,” the dumb bitch said.
“Stupid asses,” Lou muttered under his breathe.
“What’d you say?” John said.
“Nothing,” Lou replied, sheepishly.
“I’ll kick your….” John began, but I stopped him.
“No, you wont,” I said, looking dead at him.
“But he started…”
“I don’t care if you think he did, the man is nice enough to stay open for us, and you give him shit, how about you just shut the fuck up.”
“But…”
“Shut up.”
He went quiet and went back to looking at Rhonda, and Lou gave me a nod that said he appreciated what I did for him. I looked down at my paper for a moment. I looked back up and stared blankly at the two of them, and thought this…
“I’m across from John, my partner at our firm. I hate him; he has this attitude that says I don’t care about what you say I'm fucking right. He’s sitting next to her new secretary, and for the life of me I don’t see what the hell he sees in her, though for the past five minutes he hasn’t stopped staring at her chest, so I guess that would be it. Now don’t get me wrong, normally I would see the appeal of a woman like that for him, sleazy, however I don’t see his wife as that type. She’s a good woman with a good heart, and also, though she never has known it, she holds the key to mine. Maybe I should tell her about all this.”
I looked at my watch, 9 o’clock, still early, maybe she’s up.
I decided that now was the time if any to tell her, I mean yes it would break her heart, but god save him if he gave her a disease that will kill her. Id shoot him, and that couldn’t end good. I mean sure she might not feel the sane way about me as I do about her, but I don’t care much about that, I just want her to be happy, and to know what a fuck up she’s with.
I walked out the door, leaving them two, sitting at the booth looking at each others particulars…. God I hate stupid people. I made my way out into the night, it was cool and crisp, something told me, everything was going to be okay.
© Copyright 2005 blueknight124 (blueknight124 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/933750-9-oclock-rendezvous