*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/932902-Missing
by Riggs
Rated: E · Other · Other · #932902
When someone shuts you out and cuts you off.
You're absence is the hardest thing in my life. For so many years I was as close as I could be. I wanted you so badly that my mind was spinning and my heart banged so hard against my ribcage. But once I got close, there was little I could do about it. There was nothing and nowhere for us to go. I was in love and you were just curious. I was supposed to be older and wiser. You were young and inexperienced. It was all the right feelings and emotions, at all the wrong times. But I need to defend myself, I wasn't alone in what happened, you were responsible too. I didn't just act on my own emotions. I acted on the "something" between us. Yet you took the moral high ground and I...I was cast into your cold dark shadow. And here I lie. Still very much in love with you, praying for those glimpses of your profile, or the movement of your hair as you twist your head. All I have left after a dark two years is hope. I refuse to give up on what I once enjoyed as my closest friendship. Now I long to hear your voice, read your words but most of all feel your skin on mine.
© Copyright 2005 Riggs (riggs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/932902-Missing