*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/932856-City-Lights
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #932856
I hope you enjoy this piece.
Copyright 2005 by TAGT

There he walks, late into the night shadow of city lights.
His head hangs low because he knows he's all alone tonight.
So cold inside, he can do nothing but cry, still no love in sight.
He looks around, not a sound, his lonely soul lost and not to be found.
So tired and torn, wishes he was never born, leaps onto the street and hears a horn.
In a flash, the two clash, the red car throws him afar, now he lies there silent and dead.
Boy what did you do? Cause if you only knew, love was waiting for you at the corner of 1st & 3rd avenue.
Two more minutes was all you needed to find the one in blue that has been searching so long for you.
You left him behind, your soulmate in a bind, without you he is forever blind.
He wanted you, only you, without you, his life is through because only the two of you were meant to be true.
There he walks, late into the night shadow of city lights.
His head hangs low because he knows he's all alone tonight.
So cold inside, he can do nothing but cry, forever without your love in sight.
He looks around, hears a sound, and sees you smiling down from heaven he's found.
© Copyright 2005 TonyAdrianGwenTom (tagt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/932856-City-Lights