*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/891373-Twins
by Marty
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #891373
Elementary School Humor
Twins

I have been working at a very small elementary school for a number of years and I’m still floored by the comments made by children.

We have three custodians that work on our campus and two of these are identical twins. Mary and Ruby have been working at the school for two years and work on different parts of the campus. Adults alone have trouble figuring out which one we are talking to, so I know it’s hard for the children.

If the students see other teachers or custodians in the halls, it’s not unusual for them to have a conversation with them and try to delay going back to class. Ruby was cleaning the hall in the building that she is assigned, when the first graders were taking a restroom break. So it is only natural that one of the students would stop and talk to her for a few minutes. This particular day it happened to be a little boy named Danny, that would stop and talk to Mary. After talking for a few minutes...

Danny said, “You look just like that other lady.”
Ruby replied, “Yes. I know. We are twins.”
Danny said with a shocked tone to his voice,
“You're twins?”
Ruby said, “Yes.”
Danny said after hesitating a few moments, “How long have you been twins?”
© Copyright 2004 Marty (mdsprowl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/891373-Twins