*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/875096-Midnight-Locomotive
Rated: ASR · Poetry · Horror/Scary · #875096
Awaking to a shaking house and a deafing horn, what could it mean?
The tall strong houses began to tremble, the ground quaking.

Dogs feel in their bones the approach of an evil, something's wrong, somethings's wrong.

Then distant in the night an eerie dim light shines through the impenetrable fog.

The hissing steam of the black sleek monster sends a chill up and down my spine.

The ancient rusty rails screech as the demon flies over them.

The conductor's strange face lit up by the orange glow of a cigarette shows me the lifelessness in his eyes.

As the train is swallowed up by the fog, I run with winged feet to my ratty, yet dependable bike, peddling rapidly into the darkness in hopes of finding the speeding train.

The familiar sound of hissing steam and a deafening horn are the only things that guide me.

Riding blind, I struggle to stay on the road, my legs unable to keep up with its energy... greater than mine.

I come to a stop. I find it hard to breathe, my heart pounds against my chest.

Then a light shines blindingly in my direction. I raise my arm up to see a sleek black body racing toward me. A deafening sound fills my ears as my heart skips a beat.

I awake-spring up in bed as terror washes over me. An icy bead of sweat drips down my cheek as my house beings to tremble... something's wrong, something's wrong.
© Copyright 2004 AmberLynn (darkangel-ak at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/875096-Midnight-Locomotive