*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/855318-Golden-Gargoyle
Rated: E · Fiction · Fanfiction · #855318
A Gargoyle's Story Of How She Went From Being A Normal Human To Half Gargoyle.
A Young Golden Female Gargoyle Lands Near You And Folds Her Wings Into A Cape Around Her As She Looks You Over, “So You Wish To Hear My Story, Well Here It Is.” She Climbs Up Onto A Rock That Sat Near You And Perches On It, Beginning Her Tale.




         It Was A Quiet Night On Board The U.S.S.Maquis; I Was Off-Duty As It Was Just Past Night-Fall. I Sat Quietly In My Room Reading Some Updates On My Last Assignment, Wanting To Keep Up-To-Date With Them, Even If I Didn't Serve With Them Any More.

         As I Read My Back Started To Itch Like Crazy, It Was Not Really Unusual, But This Time It Was Worse Than Normal. I Stood Up After Finishing The Paragraph I Was Reading, And Turned To Head To See The Ships Doctor As She Had Said To If The Itching Got Worse, But I Froze I Couldn't Move Then A Sharp Pain Shot Through My Body, I Tried To Scream In Pain, But It Barely Made It Out Before It Turned Into A Growl.

         It Was Odd I Had Never Growled Before Like That, So I Walked, Finally Being Able To, To My Bathroom To See If I Could What Was Going On In The Mirror. As I Moved I Felt Something Following Me Like A Tail, But I Didn't Think Anything Of It, Until I Glanced In The Mirror, There Staring Back At Me Was A Golden Gargoyle.

         No! This Can't Be Happening To Me! I Think As I Stared Looking At The Reflection Staring Back At Me, My Mom Had Been Half-Gargoyle, But I Thought That I Was Lucky And Had Not Inherited My Mom's Genetics Of Being A Halfling As They Were Called In The Clans, But It Was Real As I Was The Only One In My Room And There Was One Staring Right Back At Me; I Moved My Hand To Rub My Forehead And As I Did The Gargoyle Did The Same Thing.

         I Shake My Head, No This Can't Be True, I Can't Be A Gargoyle, I Am The Captain Of The Maquis Flagship, Admiral's Can't Be Half-Gargoyle, Can They? The Question Burns In My Mind, Then I Remember That My Mom Had Also Been An Admiral Like I Am And She Was The Reason I Was Half-Gargoyle, But Had She Told Her Crew I Wonder, How Could I Tell Them This Now? Again I Wonder, But I Sigh And Walk Back Out Of The Bathroom Hoping This Was A Bad Dream, But It Wasn't.

         I Walk Over To My Couch Trying To Make Sense Of What Was Going On, As I Do My Wings Fold Into A Cape Around Me, Hooking Together At My Neck, For Me It Felt Odd For Them To Do That. I Move Closer To The Couch At This Point My Tail Starting To Make More Of A Nuisance Of Itself, And Making Itself More Noticeable. As I Sit Down The Tail Moves Itself Out Of The Way So I Don't Sit On It.

         As I Sit Down I Reach For The Information On My Last Assignment Again And Notice The Difference In My Hands, I Blink Still Not Used To The Changes. I Put The Padd Back Down Disputing Going To See The Doctor To See What She Thought About This, But No I Was Not Ready To Let The Rest Of My Crew Know About This, No Not Yet As I Didn't Know How They Would React To The Change. I Knew My First Officer Had Known That Kathryn, My Mom, Was Half-Gargoyle, But How Would He Take To Me Being Half-Gargoyle.
© Copyright 2004 Kathryn (sarah_hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/855318-Golden-Gargoyle