*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/756747-whats-the-deal
by baby k
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #756747
A young girl has to choose between 2 friends. Which one will she commit her feeings for?
What’s the deal

Kirsten and Tiona lived in a 2-bedroom apartment with Tiona’s cousin Shay, out in Phoenix. Arizona.
Kirsten was I year younger than Tiona, 5’3, wavy, golden brown hair, brown eyes, thick in all the right places, a coca cola shape, big booty, and was very smart.
Tiona was Kirsten’s best friend, but acted like her older sister. She was now 19, shorter than Kirsten by 2 inches, had black hair that was streaked with red at the ends. Her eyes were light brown, and she was a little bit thicker than Kirsten was. She was also smart, street smart.
“Shay, that lipstick don’t go with that outfit.” Kirsten said.
“Kirsten, come get the phone, it’s for you,” Tiona yelled. Kirsten came out the bathroom.
“Who is it T?” Kirsten yelled.
“It’s Druex.”

Druex was one of her close friends. He moved to California after high school to live with his brother Jerome and his other 3 friends De’Mario, Jarell, and Omari. Kirsten, Tiona, and the boys had all been best friends since elementary school.
“Hey Druex, what’s up?” Kirsten said in a cheerful voice than usual.
“Nothing much, just wanted to call and say hi… and to see what you guys, sorry girls, were doing this summer.”
“I don’t know, were probably just going to hang out. Why?”
“Because, I wanted to know if you and Tiona would like to came stay with us this summer,” he said in a hopeful voice.
“I would love to, but I don’t have any money to get out there. Plus I’ve got to find me a job.”
“Shay offers you and Tiona a place to stay rent free, plus gives you money to spend on whatever, and you still have to have a job.”
“That’s OK, at least I know that I’m independent.” Kirsten said smiling.
“OK, whatever miss independent. Well, as far as transportation goes, I got ya’ll covered on that. So, will you come visit us?”
“Sure, it would be nice to get away for awhile. Why not. When do we leave anyway?”
“Whenever you finish packing, say Saturday. That will give you a week to get everything ready.”
“That’s great!” Kirsten said.
“OK, we’ll send you the tickets.”
“Tell the boys that I said hi. I’ll see you in a week.”
“Bye Kirsten.” They hung up with each other and Kirsten went to go tell Tiona the news.
“So that’s what he said so important.” Tiona didn’t think of this trip as a vacation, she seen it as a chance to finally see De’Mario. Her and ‘Mario liked each other a lot, everyone knew that. The only thing they didn’t get was why they didn’t just hook up since they liked each other so much.
“So Druex said that he’d pay for us, you know that boy is sprung over you, and so is Jarell. And I know that you like the both of them.” Tiona said eyeing her.
“Druex and Rell are both cute, but I only like them as friends. And they are not sprung over me!” Kirsten said trying to sound mad.
“OK, girl, if you say so.” Tiona said smiling.

1 week and 3 hours later, Kirsten and Tiona were getting off the plane and heading toward the luggage racks.
“Hey Kirsten, Tiona, over here!” They both looked around to see who had called them. Druex was standing by a bench, not too far away from him was De’Mario and Jarell. Kirsten ran towards Druex and he picked her up off her feet and pulled her into a big hug. She was so happy to see him. Tiona, Kirsten could see, was grinning at the fact that ‘Mario had done the same.
“Dang girl, you lookin’ good,” Jarell said from behind Druex
“Its nice to see you to Rell.” She was happy that Druex had finally put her down and that she had finally got the room to stop spinning.
“You know I’m just playing Kirsten. Don’t I get a hug?” Jarell said trying to use his best sad face. Kirsten pulled him into a hug, after she let go of him, De’Mario offered to take the bags to the car.
“Where’s Omari and Jerome at?” Tiona asked.
“They came in a separate car, they’re waiting outside.” Jarell told her.

“That’s a tight car, whose is it?” Kirsten asked.
“Mine,” Druex said trying to sound as if he bought things like this all the time. Druex was driving a red convertible Corvette.
“Dang Druex, you big ballin’ now!” Kirsten said with a small laugh.
“You know I try.” Druex said with a smile on his handsome face. All the boys looked real young, at least 15.
Druex had complained about driving for an hour from the house to the airport. He had suggested that Mario should drive, but he was too busy talking to Tiona. So instead, Jarell drove.
Tiona sat in the middle of Rell and Mario in the front, while Druex and Kirsten sat in the back of the car with their feet on the seats. Druex had his arm around Kirsten, she had decided to start conversation so she asked about his girlfriend.
“Oh, Heather, we broke up a while ago. I haven’t had a girlfriend since.”
Kirsten knew that this had hurt him in some way, she could tell when he was hurt, or whatever it was that he was feeling. She could see it in his eyes. Whenever Kirsten looked into his eyes, she suddenly felt all right, like she new that everything would be OK.
“Kirsten, are you OK?” she suddenly noticed that she had been staring at Druex the whole time.
“Yeah, I’m OK, so do you want to talk about it?”
“Talk about what, I mean there’s nothing to talk about.”
“Yes there is, I know something happened between you two, I can see it in your eyes.” He suddenly looked away from her.
“Let’s talk about something else please,” Druex said sounding as if he was offended in some way.
“OK, so who do you think is going to win the game?” Druex suddenly smiled.
“My team of course,” he said looking confident.
“Pssh, yeah right. The Bulls suck. It’s the Suns for me.” Druex and Kirsten’s favorite team was the Lakers, but when it came to the Suns and the Bulls, it was like war between those two.
“Druex and Kirsten were now on the seat. They were so close to each other, any closer, and they would have bumped heads. Druex still had his arm around Kirsten. She had just barely noticed it and that’s what made her start thinking about what Tiona had said about Druex and Rell, “ you know that boy is sprung over you, and so is Jarell,” were her exact words.
Kirsten knew that Druex liked her. And she liked Druex and Jarell, but she was pretty sure that Rell didn’t like her. Druex was always the friendly one. Hew as always close to Kirsten and he told her all of his secrets, thoughts, and personal things to no one but her.
Jarell was the loud yet quiet type. He was always speaking his mind, but never told anyone anything. The one thing that Kirsten liked about both of them was that they were both very sweet and compassionate. The only thing she hated was that she could never stay mad at neither of them.

© Copyright 2003 baby k (crazze4sho at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/756747-whats-the-deal