*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/734112-I-Just-Felt-Like-Crying
Rated: E · Essay · Women's · #734112
What it means to be a woman.
"I just felt like crying" I said and I have said it a hundred times, if not a million times before. Men don't try to comprehend the reasoning behind the tears, they just figure it's because we are women. They're right, it is because we're women.

One will never see a more beautiful creature then a woman with tears in her eyes because that is when she is most vulnerable, when you see the core of who she really is. We love beyond any boundaries. Being hurt is the last thing on our minds.

The men in our lives can write us poetry that doesn't rhyme, heck, it doesn't even have to make sense, yet we still cry. We cry for all the things they tried to say.

We watch our children play with tears in our eyes just for the miracle that those little ones were brought into this world by us. The youngest one can run up to us and say "Are you crying mom? Cause your eyeballs look wet.". Which then sends a woman into sobs of laughter and yes, more tears.

We can feel and be who we truly are without being considered "too soft" for our gender. We can bring life into this world without remembering the pain it took to get them here. When we are sick, we still find strength to take care of what needs to be taken care of. We understand others just by looking into their eyes. And the fact that you are human is enough for us to love.

I will choose a child's drawing over diamond earrings anytime.
I will choose poetry from a loved one over a bottle of the most expensive perfume.
I will choose to cry over feeling nothing at all.
I will choose the humor and the smile over the beauty or the brawn.

I do not choose these things because I am better, nor perfect. I do not choose these things because I am stupid or naive. I choose them because I am a woman.

Written for
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#728831 by Not Available.
© Copyright 2003 Shawnie (shawnie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/734112-I-Just-Felt-Like-Crying