*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/722764-Confusion
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #722764
This is a short love story.
"I love you!" he said.

She stood stunned by what he had just said. 'He loves me?' she thought, 'Yes, he loves me! But…. do I love him?' her thoughts were confusing her. She always wanted to be loved but she had never thought of him this way.

He looked into her eyes, holding her hand in his. She could feel that his grip was firm but gentle! He closed his eyes and bent to give her lips a kiss but…she moved away. She could not allow him to touch her when she did not even know if she loved him or not!
"But I love you!" he said, as if complaining about her moving away from him.
"But do I…. LOVE…. YOU?" she asked.

His heart broke into a million pieces. He thought this was the end. But still he took another chance and said, "Do…. YOU…. love me?" She felt trapped…trapped in a room, which had no door, no window and she; chained! Chained is how she felt! 'What should I say?' she thought, 'Should I love him or should I walk away and pretend this never happened?' Her thoughts roamed her mind. But then...

He felt as speechless as she did. Both did not speak until…until he felt her touch. He looked at his hand and saw her hand over his. He stopped thinking! She came and sat by him, holding his hand firmly but gently. They no longer worried about their thoughts. She touched his lips with hers! They were, once more, speechless.

© Copyright 2003 !mahrukh! (mahrukh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/722764-Confusion