*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/482081-Unknown-at-this-point
Rated: ASR · Novel · Action/Adventure · #482081
Unknown at this point.
Chapter One-No Sunrise.

As the sun dropped below the treetops the whole sky lit up in pink and orange shades, and with the wet, greenish grass you've ever seen sparkled when it began trickling, you could almost believe it was the most beautiful place on earth-it was home.

And at this time of day, the crickets would sing they're songs, the birds would chirp, and besides that it was quiet and peaceful. The stars just began to sparkle.

It was total wilderness except for one cabin camouflaged in all the trees,grass, and rocks in this peek.On the porch of that house stood a young girl about three or four her focus on the wonders of that night. Her blond hair waved in the breeze. She folded her hands neatly across her pink dress covered in white roses. A mischievous girl, I mind you.

She suddenly jumped when the timer on the watch on her hand went off. It wasn't a very feminine watch either. She ran inside giggling. She snatched her big sister,Genna,'s alarm clock with out a sound and tiptoed to her room. Now, with her unuasually clever mind, she set it to 6:00 in the morning. Her heart suddenly began pumping with fright when her brother,Even,13,yelled,"Kirsten, where on earth is my watch!""Oops!" she replied."Kirsten, how many times have I told you not to take anything of mine. I know you think you're clever and all but you can't be playing with watvhes when you're not even in school. They aren't toys you know." All Kirsten could say was,"Oops!," As Even entered her room, she covered Genna's alarm clock with a blanket. He yanked the watch of her and marched away. Kirsten quickly got in bed and dozed off.

"Bring!Bring!Bring!" went Kirsten's alarm clock. She jumped out of bed and scurried down the stairs but without a sound. She then rummaged through her cubourd until she found her favorite breakfast. She cautiously carried the milk to her table and poured it into her bowl of cereal. She did this fairly quikly so she could get outside in time to see the sun rise. She quietly opened the door and steped outside. She sat on her porch and ate breakfast as the sun creeped up from behind the montains. It was another magnificent day.

Four years later

Kirsten rose to the sound of her own new alarm clock and creeped down the stairs. She had missed the sunset last night and planned to see the sunrise that morning. She grabbed some breakfast and went outside. For the past five days, she had timed when the sun would come up. Every day it would rise one minute after the time it did the day before. Yesterday it rose at 6:59 so she asumed it would come up at 7:00. When her clock said 7:00 she looked for the sun but it could not be seen.

To be continued.




© Copyright 2002 C.M. Grace (cameron40000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/482081-Unknown-at-this-point