*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/340691-Harlow-Flick-is-a-Bad-Ass
Rated: GC · Article · Comedy · #340691
The legend continues, decade after decade!
Harlow Flick is a Bad Ass!

Nicknames can be a blessing or burden, dependent upon the connotation of the particular “handle.” In my school days, several classmates had colorful nicknames.

Pat was Sundunce, because of a slight resemblance to Robert Redford, combined with an inability to comprehend his lessons. Because of his consumption of hallucinogenic drugs, James was assigned Rainbow, and Phil was pegged with Pencil Prick, due to an alleged anatomical deficiency first observed in the gym class locker room

I, on the other hand, had a nickname I wore with pride. It was Bad Ass. I liked the implied danger, like a rattler coiled and ready to strike. I was a bad mother, in those days. Hell, I was Joan Crawford! I suppose it had much to do with the way I strutted, and my Billy Idol lip sneer. Bad Ass.

They called me Ass for short. “Hey Ass," they would shout as I bopped through the school hallways, or I would over hear a whispering group, “There goes that Ass again.”

“Bingo, you got that right,” I would think to myself.

Those days may be long gone, but royal badness transcends time. Just recently I strolled past a covey of co-workers, and overheard those familiar and welcome words, “There goes that Ass again.”

Bad Ass lives on!


Harlow Flick Signature
© Copyright 2002 Harlow Flick, Right Fielder (wolfgang at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/340691-Harlow-Flick-is-a-Bad-Ass