*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327157-A-True-Artistic-Experience
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Arts · #2327157
James and Jillie paint...everything! 300 words
A True Artistic Experience


James and Jillie loved art. When they could find nothing to do but fight, their mom always suggested it. Although the pair were twins, they were two different people.

James painted carefully, making sure he didn’t splash himself or his clothes. Wearing a painting apron helped. He also had a ground sheet under his easel and when he was done, he would lay his small paintings under the easel on it.

Jillie on the other hand, hated her apron and often left it hanging up. She used huge pieces of paper taped to the wall so she could spread her love of color far and wide. Sometimes it missed the paper and got on the wall, but she hardly noticed. James always noticed.

“You got paint on the wall again! And look at your clothes!” he would scold.

One Saturday morning, James came running to his mother, dripping paint all over as he did so.

“Mom, Jillie threw paint at me!”

“Stop! Wipe yourself off then backtrack to clean up all the paint drips you find.”

“But Jillie did it!”

“And you had nothing to do with why she got mad enough to do it?” Mom said standing with her hands on her hips.

James looked at the floor.

“I thought so! I’m going to talk to Jillie now!”

Mom climbed the stairs to the playroom quietly. She stood in the doorway. Jillie was sitting in the middle of a large sheet of paper. It had fallen off the wall, so she was fingerpainting, foot painting and even butt painting on it.

“Jillie!”

At the sound, her daughter looked up with a smile on her painted face. Her mom came in to help clean both room and child as they talked about the paint throwing incident.
© Copyright 2024 dragonwoman (draygonlayd60 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327157-A-True-Artistic-Experience