*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326956-54a-For-Hia
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #2326956
In which we hear Kai's message to Jet
GOOGLE DRIVE
SHARK
FOR HIA
IMG_2443.MOV
53MB
12/28/2021
Duration: 2:50


[Kai appears on screen, face serious, hands nervously clasped together, elbows resting on the table in front of him. He takes a deep breath, then looks up at the camera]

Um, hi, I’m Kai Saetangmasawat. I—don’t know how else to do this…On June 27, 2004, when I was five years old, Chalam Tian Samongkonchai, CEO of OmniVentures Ltd., killed my parents. He did that because they were working with the CIA to expose him. I know it was him because I was in the car, with my brother, Jet. I don’t know where we were going, but I remember the green SUV that rammed into us. Kept hitting us until we crashed. I remember the license plate number, too: Kor 2345 LMNOP. I don’t know if I’m supposed to say that here, but I’ve got pictures and CCTV footage that back it up. Chalam was driving that car. I know because I saw his face after we crashed. He doesn’t know I saw him. I was ok, my brother Jet was ok, but my mom and dad weren’t. They died. Before they got to the hospital.
Chalam adopted my brother Jet when he was sixteen so Jet couldn’t testify. I got an internship at OmniVentures so I could get proof Chalam killed my parents. I found a lot of other messed up illegal stuff. It’s all on this phone. Chalam’s got a slush fund, and shell companies and other things I don’t actually understand, but Talay Nathas and Kit Manirat can explain it. They’re NIA and Interpol. I don’t know if I should say that, but they’ve been helping me. Lots of people have been helping me, but I don’t know if I should say all their names either.
We’ve got financial records, CCTV footage and lots of other stuff. Kit and Talay have the originals; and so does Chalam’s nephew Rome; but I also have it on this phone, just in case. That damn shark can probably talk his way out of a lot of it, but he can’t talk his way out of this. He can’t explain away this.
Chalam’s dangerous. He killed my parents to shut them up, he adopted Jet to shut him up, but he can’t do the same thing to me. Chalam can’t shut me up. He sent his enforcer Nail to stomp me into the ground when I took things from OmniVentures’ archives as evidence. Twice. Chalam also told Nail to kill Jet, so he might do something worse if he catches me again; but I don’t care because he’s not going to shut me up.
[Kai takes another deep breath]
I guess that’s why I’m recording this. Because the person I really want to talk to won’t speak to me, so I don’t really know what else to do. Jet’s ignoring me. And I know that’s my fault. Because I screwed up. Kept secrets from him. Ignored him. Didn’t trust him. But I’m not going to do that anymore. I’m not scared anymore. Hia…there you go, I said it out loud and I’m not even dead yet, ha, ha.
Hia…I know I screwed up. A lot. I want you to know that I tried—really tried. What I’m going to do next will piss you off for the same reason I was pissed. You were trying to protect me. You wanted to keep me safe. So now, it’s my turn. I’m glad you came back. I missed you. I…I love you, Hia. Ha, I haven’t said that out loud before either. I don’t even know if you’ll ever see this, but I hope it helps take Chalam down. I’m sorry for everything.
If you do use this, I hope Zone knows how to cut it down so the court only sees the first part.
[Video ends]
© Copyright 2024 aracrae (aracrae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326956-54a-For-Hia