*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326918-Discussing-Dirty-Feet
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Essay · Experience · #2326918
It's the most underrated of the three basic foot conditions. Let's praise it.
Backup Links: DeviantArt  Google  MediaFire  MEGA  

People online generally don’t like dirty feet. You’ll find plenty of love for clean or sweaty feet, but dirty feet always get left behind. It’s like the mayonnaise of condiments, or that sweet and sour sauce that people don’t seriously want in McDonald’s.

Followers of mine should know I don’t mind dirty feet, but let’s go into further detail.

Why Are Dirty Feet So Disliked Compared to Sweaty Feet?
Feet in general attract weird lovers, let’s be honest. And what can be attractive to some about a foot is a complete dealbreaker to others, even if it’s a minor element like the arch.

But I believe dirty feet are appreciated less than sweaty feet purely from the adjective: dirty.

If you have a scale with two different ends, clean feet and dirty feet, then sweaty feet sit right in that middle. For many, I assume the majority, that is their stopping point. A little moisture isn’t going to dampen their day. I’ve rarely seen someone actively loathe feet for being sweaty. There are a lot more people who hate the smell of stinky feet, but that is separate from sweat.

Dirty feet are always going to gross many out due to the fact that it is pure filth. They associate any kind of dirt with being the foulest thing ever, and they especially don’t like the thought of having to lick something grimy.

I’ve noticed that it seems like gay men are more into dirty feet compared to other demographics. This is just based on what I’ve seen in online discussions, but they seem more open to grimy feet in general. Maybe they think it gives off a more masculine vibe. It’s neat that they’re more open to it, but considering male feet aren’t exactly known for being attractive, yeah…

Why I Love Dirty Feet
I’ve never been turned off by dirty feet. It was rarely something I went searching for in my youth. In fact, I probably searched for it on the Internet more than sweaty feet.

This is because dirty feet have a stronger visual presence. It’s a different topic in artworks, but in live-action content, it is so easy for one to add the label of sweaty or stinky without their feet being either. For all we know, that sweat is just two squirts of baby oil. And people can lie about their smell all the time. I could tell you my feet smell like chocolate, and you’d have no reason to doubt me, even though they actually smell like cocoa butter.

There are certainly users online who will lie about dirty feet. They’ll label a picture as dirty, but those feet are pristine as hell. It’s annoying, especially in any videos concerning foot worship.

But generally, if you just go to Google and look at some dirty feet, you’re bound to find a plethora of truly nasty soles. The contrast of the bright soles with the darker dirt coat is attractive to me.

Furthermore, it helps that I’m a person who likes grimy feet in general. I feel like anybody who is comfortable with toe jam is going to be comfortable with dirty feet by default. Even if you’re not crazy about it, you’re not going to go running for the hills like a scaredy cat.

Then there’s the taste element. I’d say dirt has the strongest effect on a foot’s flavour. Of course, mileage will vary on whether you like it or not, but I like feet with a rougher texture. I consider the licking aspect less about the flavour itself and more about the experience. The feeling of having the toes bobbing in your mouth is special.

Lastly, we have the domination element. This applies to all kinds of grimy feet, where I find the appeal being in having to make someone cleaner. But it’s especially true for dirty feet, where you can see such a transformation after licking. Toe jam can have a similar effect for sweaty or stinky feet, but dirt is so much starker.

It’s really satisfying to know you’ve made a foot go from black to spotless, all with your little mouth. Doubly satisfying if you’re handling two feet.

Types of Dirty Feet
One of the fun things about dirty feet for me, especially in an art context, is the variety of ways they can be dirty.

There are only so many ways to vary up sweat on a foot. But just like the smell, the dirt can come in many flavours.

My preference is for dirt to be “baked” into the sole. I describe it that way because of how it looks like it’s left its mark hard onto the foot. I love it when it’s so deep in there that you can follow the line patterns of the soles. And from what I have observed, that is some of the hardest dirt to lick out, all while not being chunky or muddy to any degree.



There is also the type where the foot is mostly covered in dirt. I’d say this is the most common type that’s seen, where you essentially get a black footprint on the sole. It’s definitely the most common type of dirt you’ll see in my artwork. You can even consider these feet dusty rather than dirty.

I think it’s equally as appealing, provided it’s not too thick. It should be thick enough to darken the sole but thin enough to not feel super lumpy in your mouth.

You also have muddy feet, which I personally am not a fan of. That gets too thick for me, and it starts to feel like you’re eating dirt more than you’re licking the essence of the foot. But to each his own.

There is also the matter of sandy feet. I’ve noticed that people do like the look of these, although I’m not sure if they’re as willing to lick them. I’ve personally never been a big fan of beaches, and so I’m also not keen on sandy feet. I find sand coarse, rough, irritating, and it gets everywhere. Though I see the appeal with this one.

One of the fun things about dirt is also seeing how it can get spread around, namely in combination with footwear. The main image in my head is sandals.

I’ve told this tale before, how I didn’t think hard about dirty feet until I saw this girl in junior high. White skin, dirty-blonde hair, no one who particularly stood out. She normally wore close-toed shoes except for this one day in my art class. She brought in these white flip-flops, and when she scrunched her toes and revealed her soles, it was like staring at a Christmas gift. Her feet were so black that they looked deliciously grimy.

Her feet had a normal spread, but then I began paying more attention to other girls and realising how sometimes they’d have dirt missing on some parts of the foot. Either the ball of the foot would be a bit lighter, or the middle section would be a tad cleaner, or even the toes would have some missing dirt. I don’t know what it is about some sections missing filth that turns me on, as you would think I’d want the entire thing smothered in dirt. But it has this magical effect on me.

It's because of this detail that I often associate characters with sandals to have filthy feet.



Dirty Feet in Artwork
Unfortunately, because of the limited number of people who love dirty feet, you don’t see them represented much in foot fetish artwork. I’m not limiting this to 2D images, either. 3D renders and literature also tend to skimp on dirty feet.

It’s a disappointment to me since, as mentioned, they tend to be open to drawing sweaty feet. Just anything with dirt or even grime particles is a big no-no.

Honestly, I can’t think of many big artists who draw the feet in grimy fashions. Can you? Normally the ones that do don’t have as many fans. And considering that most artists don’t make variants in the first place, you’re not getting a dirty option nine times out of ten. It’s a nice bonus when it does happen.

The most you’ll tend to see is if it’s a “legacy” character, or however you choose to dub one of those characters who just attracts everyone no matter what online. And more importantly, if that character is always barefoot, like Toph from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Then maybe you’ll see an increase in dirty feet.

I would name specific cases I like, but I don’t know which artists would like to be mentioned in any of my writings.

Dirty Feet in My Gallery
Of course, now comes the part where I talk about dirty feet in my artwork.

It technically began with the very second illustration I posted.   And… Ugh, I hate having to look back on this nasty 2018 period, but it’s history.

As you can see, I made them quite black back then.

Some people think I was born with some artistic talent, or they think others can just pick up a pencil and start drawing easily. No, there are good reasons to take proper art classes. I wish I had in high school, as my education stopped in junior high. I understand ideas like contrast and value, but I didn’t care to use this knowledge in this era. The darkness makes it hard to see the wrinkles and details on Misty’s feet.

At the time, I did have two versions of dirty feet variants. I dubbed one “lite” and the other “intense”.

I think this is still a good concept for drawings, because a lightly dirty foot variant can attract people in a way that a more intense variant cannot. I still have this nowadays, but it’s less predictable. With there being four dirty variants as a standard now (Dirty, Dirty+Stinky, Dirty+Sweaty, Dirty+Stinky+Sweaty), at least one of them can be given the “lite” treatment; normally it’s one of the middle combos.

I eventually started adding more particles to give them a better texture. It’s fine to use a brush texture, but I believe that having dirt particles truly enhances the look of the grime. Especially if it’s a high-resolution export, which most my drawings are, then it can make the mouth water seeing every specific particle. Sometimes I’ll throw in other things like grass blades or strands of hair for authenticity. I feel some might be disgusted with that, but if so, go tug it to some sweaty soles.

The technique hasn’t changed much since 2022, other than some more experimentation with the way the dirt ends up on the feet. It’s more common in drawings where shoes like flip-flops are involved.

I’m happy with how I depict dirty feet. For starters, since my art has tons of variants, you’re never suffering from a lack of filthy feet. If you need your fix, I’m the artist who can deliver it to you on a grime-covered platter.

Secondly, and while it may come off as ego-stroking, I think I’ve approached dirt with a touch more skill than some others in this field. It might be because I’ve been doing it since the start. This isn’t to imply that no artist can do dirt better than I can or even on the same level, but most don’t commit to it. Just look at all these soles above and see how deliciously filthy they are. Many artists just tend to not go this route. They’ll add a teaspoon of grey and then call it a day.

If I’m showing you dirty feet, I’m giving you some grimy toes that will make your slimy tongue look like a grill.



I’m open to teaming up with other artists to make more dirty variants. I’ve always been of the belief that more variety does better for the foot fetish community, and heck, maybe it’ll spark a bit of a grime fascination in those previously disgusted.

Alas, I am typically a solo artist. On the few occasions I’ve collaborated—namely with one artist whose name I shouldn’t need to mention—I feel that my touches have enhanced his works. Especially since I also have the whole dialogue thing working in my favour. Most artists don’t write extensive dialogue for their drawings, and frankly, they’re probably more popular for that reason. People can just envision whatever they dream.

But when I’m dealing with dirty feet, in most cases, I like having the dialogue reflect the situation. And so, you’ll find yourself being tempted by a character specifically because their feet are dirty, which is more inviting than if you had the generic, “Lick my feet clean, slave,” dialogue other works are often filled with. Or whatever the hell caption writers crap out this week.

I guess the best way to say it is that if I’m making dirty feet, I want to go all out.

Final Note
Dirty feet are great, and it’d be nice if more artists were to depict them in drawings. They’re definitely more common than they were back in the early 2010s, mainly because there are more artists around today. However, the quantity is still low, especially when it comes to feet that are super dirty—feet so grimy that they can blacken your tongue.

Are you a fan of dirty feet? A hater? How do you feel about these dusty soles?

© Copyright 2024 VanillaSoftArt (vanillasoftart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326918-Discussing-Dirty-Feet