*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326839-The-Unforgettable-Day
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #2326839
Flash Fiction
The Unforgettable Day

There was a large crowd on the street in front of our house. It happens, our house is across a small road next to the lagoon. Usually, the only people using it, besides us and some neighbors, are the people who park their boats here. Normal people.

But there was a rumor going around that a very famous person was staying at Local Inn, supposedly keeping themselves undercover so they could enjoy their time. Pffft! Nobody in this town can keep a secret! What’s worse, as the secret comes out, added speculation helps it grow. Now it had grown to the famous person sneaking off to a ship for a day at sea. Consequently, the crowd in front of our house, just in case the famous person is sneaking there from here.

I couldn’t get my car out. Normally not an issue, but this time a very important meeting I couldn’t be late for! I tried driving to the end of the driveway, but the crowd was so big, and so excited I dared not try to drive through them.

It didn’t seem wrong at the time, but apparently the desperation was clouding my thoughts. I went in and got my son’s megaphone. Standing at the edge, I shouted “She’s at Baker Street! Somebody just saw her!”

The crowd went crazy! Running and yelling while the whole shebang flew down the street to the next dock. In the opposite direction of where I had to drive, yippee!!

Unfortunately, the policeman, who I failed to notice when I came out with my megaphone, didn’t think this was proper. I actually got a ticket for “Inciting a crowd!” But then, I also got to my meeting on time... and because I was so wonderfully prepared, I got a raise!!!

One unforgettable day!
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326839-The-Unforgettable-Day