*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326698-Pidgies-Search-For-Food
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Animal · #2326698
a hungry pidgeon comes up with a plan. 300 words
Pidgie's Search For Food


Pidgie pecked away at things on the dirty street. Few of them were edible as she often discovered. She found a large yellow orange circle that looked like a cracker of the Ritz kind. Unfortunately, it was a button, and it would have choked her if she had eaten it.

Luckily, she noted the difference while it was still in her beak, and she sent it flying as far away as she could fling it! She was scraggily, scrawny and always hungry!

“I’m beginning to think travelling to the city was one of my worst ideas ever!” she told herself.

Pidgie took wing to get to the sidewalk when the traffic increased dangerously. She strutted along in front of many stores that had mouthwatering smells. One particularly fragrant place had its door open.

“Nothing ventured, nothing gained,” she thought and walked in.

She walked around, her bright and beady eyes alert. She noticed quickly that humans came and went. They used green things to get some of the delicious baked goods the shop had.

Leaving quickly, she searched the sidewalk intently. A green leaf caught her eye. She snatched it up and hurried back as fast as her legs would carry her.

By the time she returned to the bakery, most of the customers were gone. Flying up onto the counter, Pidgie offered the leaf to the man behind the counter.

“Well, well little bird! What’s this? It smells like mint! Thank you, small one!”

Turning he opened a bag of croutons and took out a handful. Pidgie ate them all in no time.

“Bring me more each day at this time and I shall leave dried bread outside for you. Agreed?”

Taking Pidgie’s bobbing head for agreement, the deal between the two was soon struck.
© Copyright 2024 dragonwoman (draygonlayd60 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326698-Pidgies-Search-For-Food