*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326658-Out-of-Ink
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2326658
Flash Fiction
Out Of Ink

The printer is out of ink. I’m in trouble. I would try to put in a new cartridge but, I can’t find any, and second of all, even if I found one, I don’t really know how to put it in. Basically, I don’t have a clue. I’m computer clueless. It’s my son and daughter in law’s printer. I was already grown up when all this computer stuff hit us. And I’m not a fast learner…

I didn’t bring my old printer with me when I moved in because they had this super-duper gigantic impressive printer and they said I could use it anytime! They even set my computer up with it! I usually only print one page a day, my contest page. Well, today I can’t print it because I’d have to eliminate some of my old entries, I am at top capacity now. But if I just delete stuff, I’m afraid I’ll never see it again! I’m not particularly computer literate, you may have guessed… I was someone who grew up with one phone in the house and it was on the kitchen wall, like everybody else’s! Computers were likely being invented, but certainly not for my generation at the time.

I am hoping that either my son, or daughter in law, (or one of the grandchildren…) gets home and either finds me an ink cartridge, or sends me to get one and then puts it in. They are used to me, they will laugh, but in a ‘isn’t she cute’ way. I can take it. I’ve survived being stupider…

If you’re reading this, it went well! If not, well, you will never hear about it again, because this time I intend to be there, and learn, myself, how to change the stupid print cartridge!

Wish me luck!
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326658-Out-of-Ink