*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326557-Chapter-47
Rated: E · Chapter · Dark · #2326557
Dark Society
In recent months, Sabrina and Jennifer hadn't visited, though managed to stay in touch. Albeit, during this time, Jennifer left American Airlines and San Francisco, hopeful to start anew. Needless to say, traveling cross country had proved laborious, though the outcomes of doing nothing would've been far worse. Amidst the wait, the sun brought comfort to an otherwise tumultuous morning. By which time, Jennifer sat imagining the future while looking upon pictures of Sabrina and Samantha.

While that's happening, Cindy repeatedly called, finalizing Jennifer's relocation to the Kansas suburb of Shawnee. (A new and welcomed distinction in scenery, offering Jennifer a chance to escape). Eventually, John arrived as Jennifer made reservations at the Birdsong. An establishment within Cottonwood Falls, she hoped to one day show Samantha. As one would expect, he appeared cheerful, but also concerned.

“I wondered about you.” she greeted, gesturing.

Steadily, he gazed through the disarray of the apartment.

“What are you talking about?” he questioned, scuffling through various containers. “I'm right on time.”

Taking a seat, John noticed the respective photos of Sabrina and Samantha.

“Good likeness.” he joked, grasping a portrait.

Assuredly, Jennifer scoffed, but soon settled alongside.

“In more ways than one.”

“Such a correlation can't be possible, can it?” he asked.

After saying that, John cringed, knowing his daughter feared Samantha's return. Therefore, despite an illusive candor, the topic of conversation abruptly changed.

“Dad, what is it?” she whispered, caressing a hand.

“Sam's come home.”

Suddenly, Jennifer appeared startled.

“Did she find the ticket?”

“Like you wanted,”

Hearing that, Jennifer's stare fell.

“In that case, it shouldn't be long before she arrives.”

Lamenting, John paused.

“There's more.”

Steadily, Jennifer arose and listened.

“Sam now knows where you're going, but not exactly why,” he confessed. "In that event, when she arrives, there'll be no more secrets,"

It goes without saying, Samantha vowed to one day return and reclaim her past. Leaving aside, despite such a compelling notion, she was dangerous and unpredictable. Thinking of which, Jennifer trembled, pondering the inevitable reunion. Later that night, Jennifer tried to suppress a dark and deluded history, despite a reinvigorated, but sinful obsession. This being the case, she'd again adopted the Wicca lifestyle and renewed vows.

As a consequence, she'd also rediscovered a world without authority. And though Sam remained accommodating, she resented Jennifer's indecisiveness. On that premise, Jennifer often studied the prolific similarities between Sabrina and Samantha; finally recognizing the validity of their lineage.
© Copyright 2024 Darkscape Entertainment (darkscapemedia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326557-Chapter-47