*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326482-Chapter-30
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Dark · #2326482
Dark Society
Since the start, Tatum often stayed silent, but observant, as Karen aimed to locate Sabrina. Howbeit, due to a fear of the unknown, she seemed reluctant. No matter what, Sabrina came across as sociable, with a radiant grin and amiable disposition. From this perspective, everything Karen had heard thus far was correct.

On that basis, she needed a reason to engage Sabrina, though Luis had remained patient, waiting for an opportunity. Almost entirely, the situation felt awkward, because Luis and Karen weren't dating, and he didn't know Sabrina. Contrary to expectation, he threw caution to the wind and stepped forward. Thankfully, the gesture captured attention, and Sabrina eagerly motioned him over.

"Luis,” she greeted. “Remember me?”

Then and there, he gawked like an awkward schoolboy.

“How could I forget?” Luis insisted. “Though, I'm surprised you remember my name.”

"I recognize you from the orientation,”

Agreeably, Luis nodded.

“I'm impressed,”

Like that, Sabrina giggled.

“You should be,”

Thus far, Sabrina seemed fixed and engaged, but from time to time appeared withdrawn and complacent.

“I don't see you around campus much,”

Gradually, Sabrina drew closer and reciprocated.

“Sorry about that,” she whispered. “I haven't been myself lately,”

Pitching forth, Luis kissed her hand.

“I know what you mean,”

In time, the noise made it challenging to converse, so Luis presented a lucrative alternative.

“How about somewhere more private?”

In general, Luis felt confident, but still didn't know what to expect. Nevertheless, he stood gratified that Sabrina was everything he'd imagined.

“I thought you'd never ask,”

Though problematic, meeting Sabrina hadn't gone any better, because she'd acted personable, and unusually receptive. On the other hand, there was something about Luis, something she had to know.

“I've thought about this moment,” Luis clarified, watching.

Blushing, Sabrina beamed.

“I have to confess; I have too,”

At the start, she loved the attention, but there was a lot he didn't need to know. In which event, while becoming acquainted, Sabrina only explored specific themes. Ultimately, she held reserved, even despite an outgoing personality. Though, as Luis learned of Sabrina's intent to leave, he felt surprisingly heartbroken.

“When are you coming back?”

“I'm not,” Sabrina avowed, sheltering.

Coincidentally, their absence hadn't gone unnoticed, and though Karen had thus far contained her jealousy, it'd become more difficult.

“If you were any more obvious,” Dena stated, closing in.

“Why him?” Karen professed, gaping.

That said, Dena twisted.

“You're not together anymore, remember?”

Instantly, Karen angrily grabbed her arm.

“What did you sense before?”

Once more, Dena looked upon Sabrina.

“Like I said,” she began. “She's evil and more powerful than we imagined.”

“Why'd a witch from America come here?”

Gradually, Dena breathed.

“The prophecy, remember?”

At that point, Karen scowled.

“Would one travel so far?”

Trembling, Dena pondered.

“To gain an advantage - yes,” she asserted. “So, stand forewarned, and don't underestimate her.”

Scowling, Karen considered the admission as Sabrina and Luis mingled. In recent years, she stood committed to reconciling, but Sabrina had now intervened. (An unforeseen happening that'd enraged Karen). Along the same line, she and Luis shared an extensive history: an ancestry of passion she planned to exploit.
© Copyright 2024 Darkscape Entertainment (darkscapemedia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326482-Chapter-30