*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326478-Chapter-29
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Drama · #2326478
Dark Society
Overall, the evening was brimming with intrigue and speculation, though Tatum often worried about Sabrina. Wherefore, following various unanswered calls, she ventured next door and started knocking. Within seconds, the entryway thrust open, and Sabrina stood staring. In silence, Tatum followed as she returned inside, again appearing sallow and ill. (A recurring nightmare she'd hoped not to see again).

Outside the city, Luis attired for the festival, intent on not warranting attention. But then again, he realized there'd be only one chance to make a first impression. All the more, he didn't want to overwhelm Sabrina or detour a potential meeting. And yet, he'd stride downstairs, feeling confident for the first time in months.

“You're late,” Alex joked, completing a hearty handshake.

Retreating, Luis laughed.

“I'm right on time, but thanks anyway,”

In his wake, Karen neared wearing an all too familiar form-fitting red dress. (Another attempt to promote her tan and shapely figure). Irregardless of how, Luis didn't want to seem enticed, despite a captivated expression. In the same spirit, Karen was striving for recognition, thus welcomed Luis with a subtle yet seductive kiss.

“I've seen that look before,” she whispered, grinning. “You liked this dress, remember?”

For good measure, Karen also wore an identifiable scent that always attracted attention. Otherwise, the look in Luis' eyes confirmed what she already knew. And beside that, he didn't carry any ill will or hatred for her - since it's an argument that no longer held merit.

Collectively, Caroline and Jim smiled while observing the kids' interactions. And though the tone was joyous, one individual felt unmoved. For some time, Alex held affections for Karen and craved more than a rudimentary friendship.
Given this, he faced a dilemma, because Luis and Karen still loved one another. Thing was, despite their mutual admiration, her obsession for Luis commonly shaped Karen's moods. Later that evening, the journey to Imperial consisted of vast topics of discussion. Though like always, Sabrina again seemed distant.

“Why so quiet?” Lyndsey quizzed, gesturing.

More or less, Sabrina wanted to relish the evening and keep her departure secret. That's why, despite Tatum's need to know, she'd decided against telling her.

“I'm sorry, I don't mean to be.”

“Try to relax anyway,” she suggested. “After all, it's a party.”

Expectedly, Luis was a complete gentleman, allowing Karen to occupy the front seat. A choice that'd prove challenging due to her seductive glances and gestures. Other than that, he didn't mind considering their close friendship.

A short time later, Luis, Alex, and Karen encountered Dena, Sienna, and Lesley. Though surprisingly, Trina, Jasmine, Kyle, and Logan were conspicuously absent. Which is why Karen remained at Luis's side as she had when they dated.

Whatever the circumstances, Luis appeared focused, with a consistent and unwavering stare. As this takes place, Alex resolutely centered on Luis and Karen, hopeful they'd remain mindful of each others' feelings and keep the peace.

During which time, the other housemates were also interacting, though found it arduous to reach Sabrina. All the more obvious, Karen was mingling as much as anyone, so Tatum found Alex and made inquiries.

“What are you up to?” she requested, smirking.

Instantly, Alex noted the form-fitting black dress, accented by the two-inch heels.

“Nothing much, how about you?”

Staring into the crowd, Tatum giggled.

“Same, but what's happened to Luis?”

“Isn't it obvious?”

Everything considered, it was an opportunity for Alex to learn what he could, since Karen was staying vigilant and guarding Luis. And despite not being romantically linked anymore, she was, as usual, acting as such. Equally, she had another reason for attending - Sabrina.
© Copyright 2024 Darkscape Entertainment (darkscapemedia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326478-Chapter-29