*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326427-Chapter-19
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Arts · #2326427
Dark Society
Eagerly, Luis and Alex left for the dormitory, but amid the journey, Luis again grew weary. After all, it'd been some time since he saw Karen in a social setting, so he'd have to contain his animosity and remain cordial. Coupled with recent events, the university had placed sanctions against the sect. And since many students supported the cause, they'd also faced scrutiny. As this happens, such secluded gatherings became commonplace throughout campus.

This is why the guest list for the reading only included a select few. And despite being besieged with demand, Lyndsey didn't alter Karen's arrangement. On the other hand, everyone wanted to see Sabrina, especially Luis.
Because, for months, she'd remained isolated from society, without any explanation. Otherwise, friends didn't judge her actions as abnormal, though Tatum remained troubled by Sabrina's various dark episodes.

As expected, Karen, Sienna, Lesley, and Dena arrived first, followed by Alex, Luis, Kyle, and Logan. Banally, Luis seemed apprehensive due to Karen's enticing glances and gestures. Witnessing this, Alex attentively watched, knowing of Luis's attraction to Sabrina.

Certainly, despite Karen's subtlety, she intended to shadow Luis and fortify their attraction. For leverage, she grouped everyone in an annular assembly, and settled on the sofa, again resembling the girl he adored and loved. Seeing this, Luis groaned, recognizing the woman he once knew was changing.

“Who's going first?” Karen inquired, gazing.

“I will,” Luis responded, pitching forth.

Predominantly, Karen stood enticed by the spontaneous readiness. And whether it was a renewed outlook or substituted honesty, Luis seemed eager to share her interests. In view of this, she gave Sienna a crafty wink as she arranged tarots. From the start, there'd be an aspect of performance, but none the less, Luis seemed enthralled.

“What's next?” he questioned curiously.

“We learn your future,” Sienna retorted, yielding an initial card.

Time and again, Karen ogled, expecting to revive a lost spiritual connection. Although, tarots generally remained speculative, whether approving or antagonistic. At all events, a genuine occultist could interpret any literal meaning. In that spirit, Karen stayed adept, anticipating a favorable reading. Whereas, Luis frequently fretted about her ever-changing attitude.

“The righteous Emperor,” Sienna announced, turning to Luis.

Boldly, he smirked.

“And?”

Without delay, Dena leaned forward.

“It symbolizes fatherhood,”

From nowhere, Tatum appeared pale and striving for breath, thus Lyndsey seized her hand and gaped.

“What's wrong?”

“They're connected,” Tatum whispered, inching forth.

“Everything alright?” Dena proposed.

Then and there, Tatum nodded and brushed away the question.

“In that case, we can continue?” Sienna quizzed.

“Of course,” Karen insisted, gesturing.

Next, Sienna flipped an ensuing card, and placed it alongside the first.

“The righteous hermit,” she stated. “Outlining a future quest for righteousness,”

In a flash, Sienna fashioned a third and decisive card, as Tatum recalled past readings with Sabrina. More often than not, she felt relaxed during the sessions, but now appeared terrified. In which case, Tatum remained silent, though observant throughout the display.

“The incorruptible Death card,” Sienna revealed. “Foretelling change or the end of a cycle,”

“It's what Sabrina drew, except upturned,” Tatum announced, trembling.

That said, Kyle twisted.

“You've had readings with Sabrina?”

Eagerly, Tatum nodded.

“She knows about this,” she clarified. “Though, the session felt different, and the result was more specific.”

Without haste, Logan inched closer.

“Go on,”

Peering, Tatum groaned.

“Each card matched exactly, except one - the Emperor,”

Anxiously, Lesley drew close.

“So?”

“Instead, she drew the vertical Devil,” she continued. “The prophecy of evil, and blind revenge,”

In a panic, Karen peered at Luis, believing the prophecy was correct, and Sabrina had captivated him for a reason. In this regard, she turned towards Dena, and their eyes met in a cold stare. At first, the sisters seemed obsessed with the revelation, but if Luen's teachings were also accurate, Sabrina typified a master manipulator.

Not surprisingly, Sabrina still hadn't arrived. (A recurring motif, despite extensive attempts to remedy it). But unbeknownst, she'd continued to endure many physical and spiritual transitions; evolutions only surpassed by the persistent burdens of the ascension. And thus, Sabrina remained nestled on the sofa, allowing the unknown to devour everything.

Directly after, she entered the bathroom and readied a shower. And as the steam arose, tensions seemed to ease. An oddity for the moment, but one nonetheless welcomed. However, closing the door, notice stood drawn to a crimson smear upon the handle. At the outset, Sabrina strived to scream, but instead smirked, because though she didn't remember, the proof was clear.
© Copyright 2024 Darkscape Entertainment (darkscapemedia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326427-Chapter-19