*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326419-Chapter-16
Rated: E · Chapter · Emotional · #2326419
Dark Society
Alongside each other, Alex and his father savored a morning espresso while readying for the day.

“Where'd mom get off to?”Alex wondered.

“Talking with Luis,” he confirmed, gesturing. “By the way, don't you have a class this morning?”

Straight away, Alex nodded.

“Yeah, but we're attending orientation beforehand,”

Easing, Stephen referenced the class calendar as Diana and Luis entered the kitchen.

“Hello, handsome, ready for another year?” his mother inquired.

Idly, Alex smirked.

“I guess so,”

Abruptly, Stephen winced and noted the time. It approached 6:30, so everyone hurriedly gathered together, expecting to keep to schedule.

“I hope you had a nice visit,” Alex stated, patting Luis on the shoulder.

“It was a lively lecture,” he joked, gazing at Stephen.

Individually, the boys hastily amassed their things, since Alex was guiding Luis on his first day. Concurrently, as countless students packed the central auditorium, Lyndsey was busy directing the undergraduates. In a broad sense, she enjoyed assisting others and stood recognized as an imposing personality. For these reasons, she remained at the flanks of her professors, helping where she could. In the interim, Sabrina remained ill, but Tatum had stayed at her side, minding over her.

Even though, with the orientation starting, everyone felt obliged to hurry. From here in, as students strode into the auditorium, they stood greeted by a hospitable atmosphere. By coincidence, various scholars remained acquainted, so the kinship felt natural. On a side note, Luis could always count on Alex's sense of humor.

“Many beautiful girls this year,”

On the spot, Luis sneered.

“Stay focused,” he demanded. “Because I'm not tutoring.”

Throughout, Luis remained subdued, though one girl out of the blue captivated his attention. (Gifted with the darkest black hair and an enticing smile). And yet, it wasn't only her splendor that drew interest, but also an aura. Eventually, Alex perceived Luis's impulsive divergence and grew curious.

“What are you staring at?”

“Two aisles up, second from the right.” Luis directed, gesturing.

“The brunette?”

“Yes,” he replied, easing.

From the inception, Luis stood enamored by her mild tone and corresponding dark eyes. However, he lacked an avenue to a surprise rendezvous, until noticing the woman seated beside her. Coincidentally, they appeared well acquainted and talkative, so Alex took the initiative.

“I'll be right back,” he declared, standing.

Double-quick, Luis altered.

“Where are you going?”

“Trust me,” Alex whispered, pacing towards the narrow aisle.

In general, navigating the crowds remained hectic, but Alex seemed resolute as he greeted the girls and initiated a dialogue. In many instances, new girls weren't renowned for conversation, but following a brief exchange, he'd return, smiling.

“What's that all about?” Sabrina whispered, leaning in.

Straight away, Tatum chuckled and gathered papers.

“They see a girl and make an excuse to say hello,”

Slowly, Sabrina twisted and trailed Alex to his seat.

“Maybe I should get used to it?”

Tatum laughed, settling close.

“I think so,”
© Copyright 2024 Darkscape Entertainment (darkscapemedia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326419-Chapter-16