*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326298-The-orb
Rated: E · Short Story · Sci-fi · #2326298
The experiment with no explanation.
"Every time you get near the orb, time distorts and slows down. Everything but your mind."

After their research took a turn for the worse, they figured they had enough information reguarding the orb to continue obeserving it without proper containment.

"This orb seems to be emitting a faint light blue glow. This color, along with the constant hovering, raises many questions reguarding the origin of this object"

At one point this orb was in a seprate and much smaller room doing just that, glowing and hovering. After someone left the airlock to this room wide open, it was only a matter of time before the orb moved to the larger room.

"The orb has breached containment. We are now observing the orb from a different location, taking caution not to disrupt it"

The team studying this orb was now positioned on the other side of a two way mirror intended to watch them, watching the orb circle what used to be their lab. The orb never made contact with anything, including the walls. It hovered five feet not only from the floor, but the walls and ceiling aswell. Lighning would arc from the center of the orb whenever it would near metal, which composed almost 100% of the lab it was currently residing in. This resulted in lightning constantly arcing to anything and everything it was around, creating an incredibly bright display of energy.

"The orb is too bright to look at, it seems to have caught a few colleauges in some sort of trance. They aren't responding to anything, yet they continue to stand there just staring into this blinding light."

Nobody knows what they were looking at still to this day.

"The orb is too volatile. Due to the reaction of the orb with the metal, we have no way to recontain this anomaly at the current time."

The report ends there and it seems the experiments and tests were never finished. Nobody actually knows what happened after this, some say the people who stared into the orb went crazy. Others say those scientists found the answer they were looking for. No names were listed and nobody can be found today with any idea of what happened, or where it happened.
© Copyright 2024 Uninterupted poet (tendonitis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326298-The-orb