*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326291-Paranormal-Romance-Assignment-1
Rated: 13+ · Assignment · Paranormal · #2326291
Introduction of Tristan and Chloe
Assignment 1:

Decide which paranormal species you will write about and create their abilities and their world. Submit this in the forum.


My pairing ~ Tristan and Chloe
A ghost and a human.
This romantic couple met online and discovered they were connected mysteriously. Through weeks of searching for answers, the pair grows close. When Tristan has a health scare, and Chloe realizes that something is happening before he's even called for an ambulance, they follow the clues that lead them to discover they are twin souls.

They join an online group where others share their experiences, some scary, others heartwarming, and realize they've come to the right place to understand all the things happening between them. Just as they profess their love for one another, ready to take a big step in their relationship, Tristan dies.

Chloe believes everything she'd longed for is gone, and her heartbreak is unbearable. Desperate to reconnect with her beloved, she goes to a psychic, who tells her that Tristan is standing beside her and refuses to leave her side.

Their Abilities ~
While alive, Tristen could direct his dreams and travel through astral projection, seeing the person he connects with.

Chloe is an Empath; sometimes, the connection to others' emotions is so draining that she sleeps for hours, including strangers, as her body mimics what they physically are feeling. To help ground herself and reconnect with Tristan, Chloe begins learning about crystal energy and meditation.

Tristan and Chloe would connect telepathically while in the same realm, though Tristan found it more accessible than Chloe. Chloe could feel Tristan's physical pain and sense his emotional turmoil instantly.



Discussion Questions:

What conflicts exist in Paranormal Romance that doesn't exist in a normal Romance story? Can you use normal Romance conflicts?

If we are talking about those with psychic abilities, a person would find the ability to have their mind read intrusive, which could lead to issues in a relationship. They would have to learn how to shield their thoughts.

Being immortal could be an issue for Romance as one person ages. Exceptional strength could lead to a lover being physically hurt, though unintentionally. Lifestyles play a significant role in romantic relationships.

Anything that makes lovers' differences stand out is a complication until they learn to accept the other and see that differences can be a strength.

Regular relationship conflicts can easily cross over into the Paranormal world. It's just a matter of how open their counterpart is to understanding their love interest.
© Copyright 2024 Purple Wishing WDC Happy 24th (purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326291-Paranormal-Romance-Assignment-1