*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326088-Right-Thirst
Rated: E · Short Story · Inspirational · #2326088
Your own experience is a milestone towards your transformation.
A quiet hum settled over the jungle.
As I sat near a pond, I enjoyed the beautiful scenery. Everything was comforting ..... all but one thing. The pond was filled with hungry aggressive crocodiles that were so hungry they could eat anything in their grasp.

I kept my distance, but not everything did. My eyes moved to see an elegant deer walk towards the pond very cautiously. The slow movement of the deer expressed that he was aware of the crocodile's presence hidden in the water.

But every particle, every cell and every vein in the deer was begging for water. Even with a mind full of fear and risks of going near the water, the deer didn't stop. As it made its slow approach towards the pond it knew there was doubt in his achievement of drinking safely.
Though the desire to fulfill the need for thirst couldn't be ignored and he went on.

Attentively the deer reached the slippery shore and started drinking the water. One sip, two sip and SPLASH!
A green haze in a blink of an eye when the crocodile leapt for its food, teeth out and aim locked in. But it missed. The deer pulled back on its leg and with the water in its mouth..... ran

Reaching a safe distance, it swallowed the water. Then, it started walking full of confidence and joy.
The deer had achieved its mission, but it danced like it got something more than water.

Then I realized that the deer had not only satisfied his thirst, but got the courage to overcome his fears. Even though the circumstances were against him, he had the need to go for it and take the risk. A real motive, a thirst that even the aggressive crocodiles didn't stop it. The deer had gone for the water, and came successfully. Getting freedom from all the negative parts of his mind and dancing like it got something more than water. And it did, it fulfilled a real thirst.
© Copyright 2024 Deepak Sagar (divijadeepak13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326088-Right-Thirst