*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326019-Never-believed
Rated: E · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #2326019
A story for a fiction challenge based on people never believing you.
I ran up to my friend’s house, exhausted and looking pretty beaten up. I knock on his door, and he opens it after a while.

“Jen? What are you-”

“You’ll never believe what happened. I need you to trust me anyway.”

After he lets me in and gets me a drink, we sit on his couches, facing each other.

“Jen, what happened?” My friend says.

His name is Jacob. Me and him were always opposites growing up. When he was always getting in trouble, I was more calm. That all seemed to be different here though…

“So, like I said, you won’t believe me…”

“You say that a lot.” He says, taking a sip of his drink.

“Yeah, well get this. I’m from another reality. I found a gateway and went through it, trying to get after my version of you, who likes to get in trouble. I followed as far as I could go and fell into this reality somehow. Everything is slightly different and I don’t know anyone who I could talk to.”

He takes another sip, slightly amused.

“So, this isn’t another trick? You're not trying to take me somewhere just to get me out of the house?”

“No. Look, the problem is that when I got here, something was following me. I could tell it didn’t want me to be here, and I’m afraid what it may do.”

He sets down his drink and crosses his arms.

“You didn’t just make another bet and lose?”

“Please, just trust me. We won’t have much time until-”

Suddenly, the lights go out. We both stand up, and he looks at me.

“Let’s move. You got some explaining soon.”

We book it quickly, the sound of something following us in the noon light.

What am I going to do???



[End because the limit is 300 words.]

© Copyright 2024 Mr. Mans (mrmans031 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326019-Never-believed