*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325682-Chapter-7
Rated: E · Chapter · Drama · #2325682
Dark Society
Sabrina peered through the casement as the last remnants of home vanished, and second thoughts again arose. By coincidence, Tatum often traveled, and unlike Sabrina, enjoyed flying. More importantly, her parents had backed the decision to attend school abroad, and she didn't want to disappoint.

Thereupon, they aimed to ease anxieties, so Sabrina and Tatum spent time getting better acquainted. Progressively, Sabrina had become cognitively and physically stout, and with Julia's guidance, mastered how to conceal the symptoms.

Otherwise, despite brief moments of clarity, she felt alone. In light of that, Sabrina frequently gazed into the tainted night, seeking the spirit that'd enveloped her soul. Whatever the case, Jennifer wouldn't disappoint, and honored her promise.

“How are we making out?”

“Not bad, all things considered,” she countered.

“You know each other?” Tatum questioned.

“Kind of,” Jennifer returned, gazing upon Sabrina. “Can I get you anything?”

“Scotch neat.” Tatum requested, giggling.

“And for you?”

Blushing, Sabrina chuckled.

“The same,”

“I'll be right back,” Jennifer asserted, crossing the aisle.

“She's an inquisitive one, isn't she?” Tatum declared.

“What are you talking about?” she asked.

Of course, Tatum snickered.

“She acts like you've been friends for years,”

On the spot, Sabrina laughed.

“Now, you sound like my father,”

Not surprisingly, Tatum acutely observed as Jennifer arranged a ruffled napkin under Sabrina's glass. In contrast, she didn't look initially and placed it on the armrest. In which case, Tatum became curious and impatient.

“What are you doing?”

“What?” Sabrina wondered.

“Open it, and see what it says,”

Instantly, she sat stunned as Tatum drew the napkin, and examined it.

“I bet there's a message,”

Promptly, Sabrina reclaimed the serviette and returned it to the armrest. Then, sampling the drink, lips pursed and eyes squinted.

“Not a drinker, are you?” Tatum joked.

“Not actually,”

Before long, Tatum retrieved the bag from the overhead compartment and opened it.

“In that case, why'd you order it?”

Sluggishly, Sabrina slumped deeper into the seat.

“I thought I'd feel older,”

Slowly, Tatum twisted.

“Older?” she expressed. “You can't be more than nineteen, twenty tops.”

That said, she giggled and fixed.

“Thanks for the compliment,”

Gradually, Tatum's eyes widened.

“How old are you?”

In mere moments, Sabrina chucked the last of the cocktail.

“Eighteen,”

Again, Tatum stood shocked.

“Do you think the stewardess knows?”

Sabrina shrugged.

For the time being, she'd stand intrigued by Jennifer's mystique, though repeatedly perceived something more elusive. On that premise, Sabrina seized the napkin and unfolded it.

“What's it say?” Tatum inquired, leaning in.

In no time, she'd peer towards the front of the cabin.

“See through the lies; truth is everywhere,” Tatum whispered, peering. “What does that mean?”

“It's something my mother often says,” Sabrina admitted. “But, how could she have known?”

“Strange way to make friends, don't you think?” Tatum joked.

In time, Sabrina settled, but soon observed a bulky manila envelope protruding from Tatum's purse.

“What's this?”

Then and there, Tatum slouched and displayed some documents.

“Admissions paperwork for Imperial University,”

Lamenting, Sabrina gaped at the ceiling.

“That's why you're going overseas?”

“Yeah,” Tatum acknowledged. “To study Criminal Justice, why?”

“Marketing and Accounting,”

Anxiously, Tatum grinned.

“You're also attending Imperial?”

One after the other, she'd unveil identical forms.

“You could say that,”

“Well,” Tatum continued, looking over documents. “Let's see what else we have in common.”

Without haste, Sabrina leaned in and observed.

“No way!” she announced. “Looks like we're going to be roommates!”

More and more, Sabrina eased and considered the arrangement.

“Seems like we're fated to meet, huh?”

Steadily, Tatum silently agreed.
© Copyright 2024 Darkscape Entertainment (darkscapemedia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325682-Chapter-7