*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325668-Stab-Back
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2325668
Flash Fiction
Stab Back

“I could just kill Susan…” Andrea said.

Lisa raised her eyebrows, “That is against the law. And besides, we need her at those boring meetings, she chatters so endlessly. What did she do this time?”

“You know how she complains about parking.”

“Because she’s always late…”

“Yes, but now she’s talked Genagan into assigning parking spots!”

“Assigning? Like with signs telling us which one?”

“Yes.”

“How is he going to do that? Does he just get to choose who gets where?”

“Worse! He decided it was a wonderful idea to have the most valuable people in the best places. He said it will get us to try harder to be best, a competition for the best spots! And guess who is sorting us out in those categories…”

“You’re kidding…”

“She’s, his secretary. He told her to ‘handle the process.’ How much would you bet she gets the best spot in the lot!”

“Wouldn’t that look a little crooked to Genagan?”

“Genagan could care less! He just wants to make money and… I think he’s a little afraid of her…”

“You’re probably right, she’s not the most talented…”

“She is talented… just not at her job. She’s talented at her boss…”

“What?!”

“How do you not know this? If you were the boss would you keep her as your secretary?”

“No. I just thought I didn’t understand her work.”

“Well, you didn’t unless you added her after work work.”

“How will this affect our parking?”

“Mine’ll be fine, you might as well start taking the bus… I told you you’d regret it if you tried to play a trick on Susan…”

“I know, but it was so funny when she sat in the apple juice…”

“Keep that in mind when you find out where you have to park from now on…”
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325668-Stab-Back