*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325529-a-liberal-snob
Rated: GC · Poetry · LGBTQ+ · #2325529
Do lesbians really like Subarus?

Her Subaru has 175,000 miles on it.

She is a lesbian.

And an IT professional.

But that's where she draws the line at being a stereotype.

She's NOT a stereotype.

She doesn't dress like Rachel Madow.

She doesn't even know what Karine Jean-Pierre dresses like.

"Like a cool and trendy business mop head," somebody calls out.

"That's not me," she says. "And I hate flannel."

"What would be a typical wardrobe choice for you?"

"Dark pants and a cute long-sleeve solid-color shirt."

"Are you currently involved in a relationship?"

"I'm working on it."

"And your politics?"

"I'm a liberal snob."

"What does that mean?"

"It means I have a thing for humanity."

"Could you expound..."

"You wanna know what it's like to be a liberal snob? It means you have friends of every ethnicity and religiosity."

"Is that even a word?"

"It means I'm an advocate for the poor, the helpless, and the tried-upon huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of our teeming shore. It means I'm alive, I'm in your face, I belong to a privileged class who years for the expeditious ameliorations of citizens under siege by an oligarchy, a class of billionaire fascist white men who own our media and the stock market and the housing market and the politicians who pretend to make decisions on our part. Those are my politics. And I live by those values and principles, so help me God."

"And who will you be voting for this November?"

"I will be voting for our Queen, our Savior, Kamala Harris."

"And does she embody your liberal snobbery?"

"She embodies her own body."

"Again, what does that mean?"

"Why are you being so nasty?"

"I'm merely posing..."

"You're a poseur; that's exactly what you're being. Now get the fuck away from me, motherfucker, and leave me and my disciples alone, for christ sake!"

"Well, there you have it, ladies and gentlemen...Ms. Yolanda Hamdersheen. A woman who knows what it's like to have the man's nose in her twat and a finger or two up her ass. I'm Charles Manheim. QXZ News, Washington."

© Copyright 2024 Chico Mahalo (chicomahalo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325529-a-liberal-snob