*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325338-The-Ghost-of-me
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Death · #2325338
A man who has been suffering with mental illness for a long time, sadness, anger and death
I stand amongst thousands of flowers left on stone tombs belonging to people who once had a life, once belonged and once were loved by those who cared. Before me 10 or so living souls stand gazing over a casket, holding someone awfully familiar someone I know or knew as some might say.

I've been held captive inside these white walls for way to long its starting to get to me, starting to eat me like termites eat wood it's starting to make me feel like a prisoner. I stand before the glass mirror staring at myself when a gush of anger hits me, when I look down I see millions of glinting specks of glass lying on the floor I look at my hand, "blood?", I question myself. I pick up a shard of glass, "maybe it's time", I say staring at the piece of shining glass in my hand. Before I can do anything I feel myself being pulled of the floor people scattering around in the small four walled room trying to get every piece of glass out of sight out of my way, bandages wrapped around my bare bleeding knuckles, pain in sight. "The thing I realized is that every person in this room are just like me yet not at all, they don't look depressed or hurt just...they don't look human or real", I think to myself.

Suddenly everything is dark, no pain, no anger, no never-ending torture just peace. I float into the never-ending abys darkness everywhere, I feel like a star in the dark night sky floating amongst nothing but just space dust and the moon leading our way towards everlasting freedom.

I stare at the lifeless corpse in the casket in front of me, realizing I'm the one lying staring up at the world from underneath the dry soil.
© Copyright 2024 ~Unknown~ (thristansmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325338-The-Ghost-of-me