*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325306-JaJul
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Sci-fi · #2325306
Humans are all over the universe. But none are from Earth. JaJul is one of these planets.

JaJul


     A large shadow blocks the sun from the planet of JaJul. This shadow is a huge spacecraft. Under this spacecraft, hundreds of thousands of long white hollow tubes come out of it. Once out these tubes split up in groups to surround this planet. After they surround it, there isn’t an inch between these tubes. JaJul appears to be an underground planet now.

     Everyone is looking up and seeing these tubes from all around JaJul. The Young JaJulians are pointing at these tubes, and the older Young Ones and adults are using their Palm Monitors to take Images and Moving Images of what is happening above them. They aren’t just doing this above them; they are also looking for as far as they can see.

     They aren’t only pointing, taking Images, and taking Moving Images. Everyone is asking what is happening to them. Especially the adults, but a lot of the Young Ones are too. High Leader Unnim is one of these adults. “What’s happening? First, one of our suns goes black, and now this.”

     Unnim places his Palm Monitor closer to his mouth. “We need to talk. Tell everyone to meet us as soon as possible.”

##

     “Who is doing this and why?” Unnim stood next to Representative Leader looma in front of about five hundred other JaJulians representing the rest of JaJul.

     “What do we know so far?” One of these Representatives asked after standing up.

     Almost every Representative starts asking questions. Some are similar to Dammic, and some are slightly different. But they are all the same question. “All we know so far is what we have seen in the sky above us. Whoever has done this hasn’t tried to contact us yet. Unless this is their way of contacting us.”

     “Can we contact them?” Rachule, another one of the Representatives asks.

     “I know we have been trying to contact them,” says Looma. “We haven’t been able to contact them yet.”

     Another Representative, Zandus, stands up. “This looks like a threat. What are we going to do about it?”

     “We have pointed all of our Space weapons at these threats,” answers Unnim. “But we don’t think we have enough Space weapons to destroy all of them.”

     “What about the seventeen other planets in our Group of Planets we have colonized?” Rachule asks. “Do they know what is happening to us?”

##

     Framile stood in front of sixteen large Monitors on a wall with a male Representative Leader beside her. Each Monitor has a High Leader and a Representative Leader on them. Behind these High Leaders and Representative Leaders Representatives could be seen sometimes.

     “We have all seen what has happened to JaJul. Some of us have seen who has done it. What we don’t know is, why they have done it or what we are going to do about it.”

     Every other High Leader starts commenting on what they should do. They don’t know why this spacecraft has done this. But they do know what they should do about it. almost everyone thinks they need to help JaJul in any way they can. At least that’s what Framile is hearing they say.

     “Everyone calm down. One question or comment at a time. I think you are asking similar questions or have similar comments. But I can’t hear them too well.”

     Whalter looks at Framile and then back at the other High Leaders and their Representative Leaders. “I’m used to hearing multiple questions and comments. They have been asking or commenting on what we will do to help JaJul.”

##

     Unnim and Looma walk around a large war room. In the center of this room is a large wall with Image Monitors on both sides. On the four sides of this room are three rows of Image Monitors in front of a floating Seat. JaJulians are sitting on these Seats watching the surface of it. That isn’t all they are seeing.

     They are also watching the tubes above them. Unnim pats one of them in the middle of his shoulders on his back. “What are you looking at?”

     “We don’t know if it will help us. But we are almost done with our planet-wide protection, a force field around our planet we hope will protect us from whatever these tubes are here to do.”

     “I hope it will too. But I don’t think it will.” Unnim and Looma start walking around this narrow square walkway. They stop a few rows down to pat another shoulder. “Have you found a way to contact whoever is behind all this?”

     The JaJulian Unnim is talking to doesn’t take her eyes off of her Image Monitors. “We still can’t contact our colonized planets. But we have from whoever placed these tubes here.”

##

     “Who is the leader of this planet?” Shantus, an alien who looks human but is a tall light blue-skinned with long arms, legs, and hair, asks.

     “I am the High Leader of JaJul,” answers Unnim. Unnim and everyone else could see Shantus on every Image Monitor in the War Room. “Who are you, and why have you done this?”

     Shantus stands up in the control room on his spacecraft. “My name is Shantus of the Acceed. We are here to destroy this planet.”

     “Why do you want to destroy us?” Looma asks. “We have never seen you before now.”

     “That is why we will destroy you. You are at the stage of your existence when you will be heading into Space. We can’t let you do that.”

     Unnim looks at Looma and smiles, probably because these aliens don’t know about the seventeen other planets they have colonized. Now he’s looking at Shantus again. “Why can’t we go out into the universe?”

     “Because you aren’t ready to leave your planet yet. You are a threat to the rest of the universe if you do. We can’t let that happen. There is no choice now but to destroy your planet before you are a threat to the universe.”

####

     Several hundred spaceships of different shapes and sizes are sailing through Space raggedly. Some are single-passenger spaceships; some only have a few passengers on them. Most have several hundred. They are all in contact with each other. Hearing each other is hard to do because of all this contact.

     Framile stands in the center of her Control Room on the lead spaceship. Whalter gets up to stand next to Framile. He never takes his eyes off the large Monitor in front of them. they are looking at a majority of the spaceships there. “Everyone needs to calm down. We can help each other better if we do this together.”

     “We know where we are going and what we need to do,” says Whalter. “But we don’t know how we will do it.”

     “That’s what we need to discuss,” continued Framile. “We have surprise on our side. It doesn’t look like they know we exist or are coming.”

     One of the spaceships starts flashing red. The image of Yanive appears on the Image Monitor. “What else can we do? We don’t have that many weapons. Our only hope is to attack them first with everything we have.”

##

     The Monitors in front of Greggon start flashing white. Unnim and Looma walk up to Greggon. “Tell me something good Greggon,” says Unnim.

     “I don’t know if it’s something good.” Greggon taps a few buttons on the Controls under these Monitors. All the Monitors changed from the surface of JaJul and the tubes above the surface to the alien spaceship near JaJul. “I have been trying to Monitor our alien enemies. But I can’t do it anymore.”

     “That’s the bad something, what is the good something?” Looma looks at the nearest alien spaceship.

     Greggon taps a few more buttons. The Monitors showing their alien enemy move past this spaceship to some other spaceships behind them. “I haven’t been able to contact these spaceships. But as you can see the other seventeen planets we have colonized are on their way here.”

     “How soon will they reach us?” Unnim asks.

     “I don’t know how long until we can contact them. But it doesn’t look like it will be too long before they get close enough for our alien threat to see them. If these aliens haven’t seen them already.”

##

     Framile and Whalter smile as Unnim and Looma appear on the large Monitor in front of them. “It’s good to see you Unnim. It is even better to see you still alive. What is going on here besides the obvious?”

     Unnim looks at Looma and then back at Framile and Whalter. “These aliens are here to destroy us because they think we are a threat to the rest of the universe because we have space travel.”

     “If that’s true, what will they do when they find out about us?” Whalter asks. “Are our planets a threat to them? Will they destroy our planets too?”

     “I don’t know what they will do,” answers Looma. “But most likely they will destroy you too.”

     Framile and Whalter look at each other and then they look at Unnim and Looma. “What do you want us to do? Do you want us to leave before they see us?” Framile asks.

     “It may be too late for you to do that,” answers Unnim. “They may already know you are here.”

     “There is only one thing we can do if they know we are here,” says Whalter. “We must attack and destroy them before they destroy us.”

##

     Shantus slips and almost falls when he gets up while still staring at the large Image Monitor in front of him. Only he isn’t looking at JaJul anymore. He’s staring at some of the spacecrafts behind him. “Where did they come from? How many spacecrafts are there?”

     “I don’t know where they have come from. But there are about five hundred spacecrafts behind us.” An alien, Panitia of the Acceed, keeps her eyes on her small Monitor while talking to Shantus. “They have five other groups like this one surrounding the rest of JaJul.”

     “How many spacecrafts overall?” Shantus asks.

     Panitia taps a few buttons on the Controls under her Monitor. “About two thousand total.”

     “Any kind of knowledge of the weaponry they have?” Shantus asks.

     “I don’t know anything about their weaponry,” answers Panitia. “But from the looks of their spacecrafts, they don’t look like a threat to us.”

     Shantus steps back into his Center Seat. He pushes a few buttons on the arm of his Seat to bring these spacecrafts closer to them on their large Monitor. “It appears we were wrong about JaJul. JaJul is more of a threat to the universe than we thought.

##

     “How many of our Death Tubes do we have left?” Shantus asks Panitia after walking around their spacecraft for a while.

     “About twenty thousand,” Panitia answers after tapping a few buttons on her controls and looking at her Monitor. “I think I know why you are asking me this. We have ten times as many as weapons as these spacecrafts have, we can destroy them too.”

     Shantus looks at the large Monitor again now showing the Death Tubes around JaJul. “We do have ten times more for their spacecrafts. But we still don’t know what kind of weaponry they have.”

     “How soon can we get more help from the Acceed?” asks
Shantus?”

     “We are on our own,” answers Panitia. “I have already contacted them and all this will be long over with before they get here.”

     Shantus returns to his Center Seat and taps a few buttons on the arm of his Seat. The image of JaJul on the large Monitor changes to the spacecrafts behind them. “No matter what kind of weaponry they have, there are enough of them we will be destroyed before this is all over with. But it doesn’t mean we can’t destroy as many of them as we can before then.”


Word Count = 1,981

© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325306-JaJul