*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325167-The-Public-Library
Rated: E · Monologue · Writing · #2325167
Why I like libraries so much
I am writing this from a public library computer. Why am I telling you this?
Because I can.
But no really, library computers have always fascinated me. I was amazed at how big they are, and how it's public. There's something so intriguing about using a computer that's not yours, almost like you're starting fresh, y'know?
Anyway, I like how quiet libraries are, a distraction from the outside world. How come we're so into fantasy escapes from the outside world. Isn't it weird how we want to be Wolverine, or Batman? We imagine ourselves living in these worlds...
You do know what that means, right? You'll be responsible for the lives of an entire city that was taken off the map at one point for it's violence. You think our world's problems are bad now? Add superpowered humans to the equation. The only fantasy world that seems slightly appealing is Disney, because at least we'd get a happily ever after.
(nah though, according to the sequels we still gotta face things).
So yeah, I ain't trying to lecture ya'll. I'm writing based on my thoughts man. These are things I think about. Some of these thoughts need a quiet place to manifest. Somewhere surrounded by opposing and agreeable opinions, things written and illustrated by great thinkers who don't need to shout from the rooftops to get their point across.
A place where the pen is really mightier than the sword
A public library.
© Copyright 2024 Butturbug (butturbug at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325167-The-Public-Library