*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325137-the-Pet-Zombie-Wars
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Dark · #2325137
the Pet Zombie Wars



845


Commander Canis Ferris the Dog General of the Gabian Revolutionary Army who had emerged to lead the revolution to overthrow the human race addressed his troops via the newly created Dog Internet that only dogs and human slaves had access to.

The end of the world came about almost overnight. It started with a mysterious animal flu that started in China and spread around the world. Nicknamed the Zombie Animal Flu, it affected most animals and birds worldwide and spread rapidly.
The zombie animal flu turned animals into blood-thirsty, crazed animals who had a thing about attacking humans and only humans. Overnight animals rose up and began massive attacks on human beings.

The zombie animal flu also allowed animals to talk and communicate telepathically with other animals to coordinate the attacks. The animals would charge into humans screaming “

All humans must die” and attack relentlessly.

Dogs particularly developed unique abilities they used in their attacks on humanity. Dogs developed the ability to read and use the internet and coordinated strategy with other dogs who then instructed cats, horses, birds, and wild animals in conducting attacks. They quickly turned a spontaneous uprising into an organized sustained offensive. The Dogs also monitored the internet to spy on humans as the humans tried to organize a counterattack.

The animals all seem almost supernatural – it was hard to kill the zombie hordes. what was even more troublesome was that some humans rather than dying became zombie animals themselves and joined the animal crusade against humanity as it began to be called on the dog-dominated internet.

After a month of total chaos that saw the crumbling of the old-world order, with terrified humans retreating to armed animal-free camps the dogs seized control to move the campaign dubbed “Kill All Humans,” (KIA) into a new and final phase.

They organized their troops into formations, armed them with human weapons, and walkie talkies and started rounding up humans and deporting them from Cities into hastily built farm labor camps where they were put to work growing food for the animal armies, and building weapons for the army to use in their war against humanity. The dogs and other animals were vicious in their attacks on humans. Although the dogs banned eating humans, many of the troops ignored the decree and he let it go for now.
,
Recognizing the global nature of the problem, the UN organized the world’s first global military force and ended the wars in Africa, Ukraine, and the Middle East.

They held an emergency strategy meeting in a secret undisclosed location and plotted their counter-offensive. All military campaigns in the world would end with a cease fire so that humans can organize to fight against the common enemy the so called Gaaian Liberation Army led by Commander Ferris and his dogs.

Command Ferris had seized control from the WH where he had been the Presidential dog. He quickly kill the President and his staff, live streaming it to the world and announced the revolutionary goals in their manifesto,

Gaia the Earth Mother unleashed the animal zombie flu to provide animals with the ability to work together to cleanse the earth of the hated humans. The dogs would take over the world and run the world fairly for the benefit of animals worldwide who would no longer be slaves to humans, no longer hunted or eaten, or used as slave labor.

The dogs would enforce vegetarianism on the world and animals would be allowed to live peacefully on farms growing food for the rest of the animal population. The few humans left alive would become slaves to the new dog master race. And those animals who wished to return to live in the wild would be allowed to do so.

But Sam felt that perhaps it was already too late. Civilization had failed, people were moving into feudal armed camps and no one knew how to stop the animal attacks from wiping out the rest of humanity.

They had one last ditched offensive operation storming NYC which was now human-free and the center of the newly emerging doggy civilization. They would storm the island, taking out as much as they could and if that failed, would issue an ultimatum using nuclear weapons as a last resort.

But the wily dogs with the help of captured IT professionals had figured out to insert malware into nuclear weapon codes and none of the nukes fired – they blew up in their silos and in their bombers, generating considerable damage but ending the resistance of the humans.

Sam Adams accepted the terms of surrender ending the reign of the human race. Commander Ferris appointed him deputy commander and liaison to the remaining humans who were all rounded up and put into slave camps except for those humans who had helped the GLA in their KIA revolution. Sam overnight went from being the last hope of humanity into a reviled traitor to the few human resistance forces which formed in wildnerness camps plotting to overturn the Dog -led Animal Empire.

concurrently submitted to Fan Story Zombie Pet contest


NEW PROMPT


On August 15, 778 AD, the rearguard commander of Charlemagne's army, Roland, held against - and was ultimately defeated by - a Basque army in Roncesvalles Pass, in the Pyrenees between France and Spain.

That battle became the subject of the eleventh century work, The Song of Roland , which had a profound influence on the development of literature, especially French literature, in the middle ages. It remains one of the premiere example of the chanson de geste , a body of French work analogous to the English tales of King Arthur's court.

For tomorrow, write a poem or story about a heroic last stand (like Roland's was) which, like the Song, focuses on that last stand's heroic deeds.

You can interpret "last stand" loosely; it doesn't have to be a literally military conflict, like the battles of Roncesvaux or Thermopylae. Just so it's a "last stand" of some sort.

© Copyright 2024 JCosmos (jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325137-the-Pet-Zombie-Wars