*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324870-Episode-2---Strange-encounters
by Ryyth
Rated: E · Fiction · Drama · #2324870
A continuation of the story " A box changed my fate" written by Rhythm Garg
Ryuk carefully opens the box, and inside, he finds a small white cat curled up, sleeping peacefully. As soon as the box opens, the cat wakes up, revealing its striking golden eyes that shimmer as they meet Ryuk’s gaze. The sight of the cat brings a rare smile to Ryuk’s usually somber face. He reaches into his bag, pulls out a biscuit, and offers it to the cat, thinking to himself that the biscuits he had saved from that greedy Jing were finally put to good use. Ryuk gets up to leave, but as he walks away, the cat stops eating and starts following him. Noticing this, Ryuk picks the cat up, places it back in the box, and quickly runs off.

A few steps away, rain begins to fall, slowly at first but quickly turning into a downpour. Ryuk looks back, hesitating for a moment, then returns to the box. He picks up the cat, who is now nestled comfortably in his bag, peeking out with curious eyes.

Once home, Ryuk searches for the keys his father usually leaves behind. He finds them along with a note saying his father might be late and not to wait up for him. Ryuk unlocks the door and steps inside. He gently dries the cat with a cloth before heading upstairs to his room. After ensuring the cat is comfortable, he goes down to the kitchen and checks the fridge. To his delight, he finds some leftover fish from the previous night, which he serves to the cat, watching contently as it eats.

Ryuk then sits at his study table, focusing on a puzzle he had been working on. He mutters to himself, "Aren’t you hungry?" But then he realizes, startled, that no one else is in the room. He quickly turns around to see the cat staring at him, mouth full of food. Hesitantly, Ryuk asks, "Did you just say something?"

The cat swallows its food and calmly replies, "Yes."

Ryuk, shocked, falls out of his chair and starts sliding backward toward the door, mumbling to himself that this must be a nightmare, a very strange nightmare. The cat, now glowing softly, begins to change shape, transforming into a beautiful girl with short white hair and a slim figure dressed in a white mini skirt.

With a soft smile, the girl says, "Hi, my name is Rin. It’s nice to meet you, Ryuk." Ryuk, still in shock and slightly blushing, nervously asks, "What are you? A cat, a human, a witch, or a ghost?"

Rin laughs and reassures him, "Calm down, Ryuk. I’m just like you, a human, but not from this world." She extends her hand to help Ryuk up, and, feeling shy, he takes it and stands. Introducing himself, he says, "Hi, I’m Ryuk. Nice to meet you too." Rin grins and asks, "Did you make that fish? It was delicious."

"No, my dad cooked it last night," Ryuk responds, a bit more relaxed now.

"I’d love to meet your dad then," Rin says with a smile. They sit down and start chatting, but Ryuk can’t bring himself to make eye contact with her, still feeling shy.

"Are you comfortable, Ryuk?" Rin asks, noticing his awkwardness.

"Come on, don’t be so formal. After all, we’re friends now," Rin says, teasing him. Ryuk thinks to himself, slightly disappointed, Even a girl from another world has friend-zoned me.

Rin suddenly becomes serious and says, "Ryuk, there’s something important I need to tell you."

Before she can continue, the doorbell rings, and Ryuk rushes to answer it. "It must be my dad! You should hide quickly..." he says.

"Wait, Ryuk!" Rin calls out, her face suddenly filled with concern. "Don’t open the door!"

But it’s too late. As Ryuk reaches the door, lightning strikes outside, and he stumbles back, stunned, not by the lightning, but by the sight of the figure standing at his door.
© Copyright 2024 Ryyth (ryyth07 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324870-Episode-2---Strange-encounters