*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324825-Close-Encounter
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2324825
Flash Fiction
Close Encounter

“Did you see that?!” Tim said excitedly.

“What?” James asked.

“It looked like a ball but it was floating quickly over there.”

“I didn’t see it, maybe a balloon.”

“A balloon? No, it was going too fast, besides it didn’t look baloney.”

“Well, you’re balooney if you think it was ‘going someplace’ it musta been being blown by the wind.”

“I am not balooney!” Tim shot back, suddenly realizing James was not taking him seriously. “I saw it!”

“Well, then you’re imagining things… maybe too much beer?”

“I’ll prove it to you! I’ll catch it!” off Tim ran into the woods. James followed, amused.

However, he could not find Tim. He looked for an hour, then thinking he may have just gone home he went to their apartment. Nobody there either. Now, actually scared, he started walking around looking.

Suddenly Tim popped up in front of him. “Where have you been! I’ve been looking everywhere for you!”

“I was looking for you! You went off after the flying ball and never came back!”

“Oh yeah, that was actually a ball. I found it in a pile of leaves. Then Gina came by looking for it and we got talking and I walked with her back to the field. I forgot how that started.

“You don’t know anybody named Gina…” James said.

“True, but you do know Tim and we need another human for our quota today. We thought it would be nice if you two went together…” and suddenly James’ got dizzy.

He woke up next to the real Tim. “Where are we?”

“On our way to Androidia.”

“Where’s that?”

“I have no idea, but they have the best cupcakes!”

The families thought they had finally left for California. It took weeks before anyone noticed they hadn’t taken any luggage.
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324825-Close-Encounter