*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324196-Eggs-of-Luck
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #2324196
Out of the fake eggs with candy available, real dragon eggs awaits as a reward.
Marcus ran up to the line with the $5 bill in his hand. He couldn't wait to see if he could lay his hands on real dragon eggs. Bonus if it was the rarest kind of dragons. There were other creatures available too. Most of the eggs were plastic and filled with candy. So even if he didn't get a creature, he would get candy. There were 100 eggs to choose from and the line didn't look like it exceeded that number. His phone rang. It was his dad.

"Where are you?" his dad asked.

"At the special 100 egg sale. I'm going to get the special hydra if I could. There must be at least 75 people ahead of me." Marcus ran his free hand through his hair. "There sure are a lot of people here. The line moves fast."

"Well, I wouldn't be surprised if you get candy instead. Take care. Make sure no one cuts you."

"I won't dad."

Marcus hung up the phone and focused on keeping up with the line. 30 people down, it seemed as if the majority of them were getting candy. The line kept moving forward. Each egg he picked seemed to prove not to be the right one. Then he focused on the second one on the upper left corner. That egg seemed to not be picked yet. Hands sweating, he looked down at the bill in his hand and wondered if he was doing the right thing. Yet he had gone so far. He didn't want to turn back now. All the other eggs had been the wrong one, filled with candy for the most part. How come he wanted to settle for this pair of eggs now? Also, if they were the ones, they would have to choose him too.

"And what would you like to pick? Doing it for yourself?" Tala, the cashier, asked bored.

"The second from the top upper left corner please. Here's my payment. I'm doing it for myself." Marcus replied.

"Coming right up."

Tala went over and grabbed the eggs Marcus picked out. Then Tala put the eggs on the counter, wearing thick gloves. Marcus took in a deep breath and then touched the eggs. Immediately, they hummed. The eggs chose him. Tala then took out a brochure and marked the place of creature tamer, then moved on. He took the eggs with him and got into his car, then called his dad.

"I got a creature! It may even be the Rainbow Hydra. It chose me!" Marcus said.

"Now we got to wait for so many days for it to hatch, especially if it is. Good job!" his dad said.

An hour of holding the eggs later, Marcus set the eggs down on the seat next to him and started driving. While driving, he noticed the eggs hatching and drove quickly to the address listed in the brochure. By the time he arrived, he noticed Rainbow Hydra sitting and looking at him hungry and happy. He got out of the car and hurried them in and there they provided food and water, congratulating him for the success.

Notes
© Copyright 2024 Angelica- Black Beauty (dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324196-Eggs-of-Luck