*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324152-First-Bloom-----Chapter-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Bulletin · Emotional · #2324152
Chapter 3 of First Bloom.
Laura has stayed in Ludo's palace for 2 days and still doesn't know anything about her -betrothed-. She just wakes up, eats, takes walks, eats and sleeps all over again. It was BORING. She needed something to do to keep her busy. " I'm gonna see what that noble is about and try to make my boredom flee!" said Laura with confidence while standing on her bed. " But he's never in the house and comes back very late at night. What do I do..." said Laura stroking her chin. "Aha!" " I'll stay awake until 12pm in the night and see what he does." said Laura as she came up with a bright idea. *snores* " No!" I can't sleep !" said Laura. She wore a sieve on her head and tin foil on her shoulders. "Since I don't have magic I have to rely on my strength' said Laura as she tightened the rolling pin. A black figure started walking towards the house at a distance. " Is that the noble?" said Laura as she squinted her eyes. (There's something shiny!) thought Laura as she prepared to hide. "Is anyone there? " shouted Ludo from a distance. (That's him!) thought Laura as she ran away to go and hide. "That's strange.." said Ludo. He entered the house and went to his room. Laura very quietly followed him. He entered his room and sat on the chair. "The documents of today aren't completed" said Ludo. As he started working on it. Laura just watched from in the door and saw what he was doing. She was already bored but still decided to watch him. He finally stood up and went to change his clothes. That part she didn't look at. He entered a shirt and some PJ's and was walking towards Laura. Laura ran as fast as she could and ended up in the bath. She heard the footsteps fade and she heaved a sigh of relief and peeked out of the door. No one was there so she tiptoed out of the bath. She could feel another presence behind her but no one was there. She ran towards the kitchen and was ALMOST spotted by Ludo. He quickly hid behind the door as Ludo passed. She heaved another sigh of relief but she could still feel that presence. She followed Ludo quietly and he was eating while writing some documents in the dining room. Laura was feeling the presence getting closer. She looked at the window and as the moon shone she saw it. Someone was there!



Laura ran as fast as a chicken being chased by Bigfoot. She was running and panting but she was slow because she was sleepy. She immediately recognized a time when she was in this exact situation. She flashed the memory of when her mother was killed by armed robbers. She ran as fast as she could and wailed as loud as she could but no came. Dragging her dead mother while other people were watching. No one helped her and with all ounce of strength, her mother pushed her into the river so that the robbers wouldn't find her. She held her breath in the water and cried. When she didn't hear any noises she came out of the water almost out of breath. She ran to her mother shaking her endlessly and calling her name. "mama!, mama!, mama!, mama!" but no answer came. She cried her balls out before a guard came to help. Her mother was long gone. There was not a time in her life where she was as traumatized as that- that night. Back in the present she was crying and cursing herself for not having magic. She tripped and saw a knife flying at her. She had no name to call. The only name she could call was... "MAMA!!!" she shouted as the knife came flying at her. She thought she was going to die so she closed her eyes and prepared for the worst. As cold as she was, a warm body held her close as her tears dropped to the ground. The knife didn't hit her, instead, she saw her mother at a distance and was calling her name. "Mama... Mama! Mama! Mama, I'm here! Take me with you! Please! Please... don't leave me.." she said as her mother who was at the distance started walking away. " Laura! Laura! Laura!" shouted Ludo. Laura opened her eyes a little and saw Ludo's face right in front of her. "Lu..do?" said Laura weakly. "Yes! It's me! Open your eyes!" said Ludo. "Mama..." said Laura as she tightly held Ludo's shirt and started to cry. Ludo was shocked but let her. She slept off soon after that and Ludo carried her to her room. He removed the tin from her shoulders and her shirt tilted. He saw a scratch on her back and touched it. It felt like a scar and when he looked closely he raised the back of her shirt and saw all the scars. " Oh my...." said Ludo. She flinched from the cold and he realized what he was doing. He immediately put it back to normal and covered her up. He left the room and went back to the dining. "How can she be a noble and have those scars?' said Ludo as he scurried through the papers. "The person that was chasing her escaped. Tch." said Ludo as he burned up a piece of paper using magic. " When I catch him, I'll burn him to death."

© Copyright 2024 Esosa234 (esosa234 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324152-First-Bloom-----Chapter-3