*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324068-The-Elemental-Chronicles-Chapter-5
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2324068
Chapter 5: The Fight for honor
Okay, so I am getting controlled by some kind of inner beast, and I am about to fight an elemental. How bad can it be? We’ll find out.

Stone pulled off his shirt and told Axel not to fight, that he would handle it himself. I noticed my skin was turning brown, which showed signs that this was bad, and my clothes were burnt. Stone walked up to me, and rocks began to surround him. He said, "This is where the fight begins." When the spectators shouted, "Begin!" it started.

I punched him with a heavy blow, sending Stone flying away. Then I shouted, "FIREBALL BARRAGE!" and blasted a massive amount of fireballs at him. Stone ran and dodged most of them. Then he yelled, "TECTONIC SPEAR!" A spear made of rocks formed in his hand, and he threw it at me. I caught it and melted it, then ran toward him. We exchanged blows until I kicked him into the air and flew after him.

Stone shouted, "STONE SPIKES!" Spikes made of earth shot toward me as I dodged and exploded them. I descended on him, ready to strike, shouting, "INFERNO FIST!" He responded with "ROCK ARMOR," covering himself in a protective layer of stone. I punched him to the ground and came down.

Then Axel rushed to him, and Stone said, "It’s okay; I am just starting." He stood up and raised his arms, shouting, "EARTHQUAKE!" The ground shook vigorously, causing me to lose my balance. Stone dashed toward me and unleashed "ROCK FIST," a giant fist made of rock that knocked me into the wall. However, I emerged looking unscathed, which shocked him. "Are you invulnerable?" he asked.

I replied, "HELLFIRE NOVA!" and unleashed a massive explosion that engulfed the arena. Amidst the flames, Stone stood but was panting heavily, marked with burns, while Axel remained shielded by an earthen barrier.

I dashed forward and transformed with "PHOENIX RISE," turning into a fiery phoenix and striking Stone, sending him flying into the air, injured and bleeding. He said, "Blaze, you're strong, but I will defeat you!" Then he shouted, "GAIA'S RAGE!" and millions of boulders flew at me. In the air, I thought I was going to die, but then I smirked and shouted, "HELL'S ANGER!" I emitted a colossal amount of flames that consumed everything around me.

In shock and confusion, I quickly appeared behind Stone, covered in flames, and said, "FIERY COMET!" I struck him, and we plummeted down like a red comet, Stone spewing blood from his mouth. We crashed into the ground, causing an explosion everywhere.

I saw Stone beaten on the ground, burnt and defeated. Axel ran to him, screaming his name. Even I wouldn't have battered him that badly, I was being controlled by my rage. Soon, some people arrived and took Stone away. Axel stood up and looked at me with a sharp, piercing glare. Thunderclouds gathered overhead as Axel shouted, "I WILL DESTROY YOU!" His shirt and parts of his clothing burst, and yellow electricity surged from him. I began to smile, and more flames erupted from me, turning me into a more beast-like form. The fight between lightning and fire was about to begin.

Axel moved at lightning speed, attacking me from all directions. I punched the ground, causing it to break, and Axel was launched into the air. I hit him with a fiery fist, and although he blocked, he was sent flying back. He shouted, "LIGHTNING STRIKE!" as a bolt of lightning came from above, aiming to hit me. I dodged and countered with "SCORCHING BREATH," shooting out an immense wave of heat that could melt everything in its range.

Axel jumped up, and I flew toward him, hitting him hard in the gut. He caught me and slammed me into the ground with immense force. As he came down with a powerful kick of lightning, I managed to grab his leg and throw him away. "BURNING CHAINS!" I shouted, and chains of fire erupted from the ground, binding him and burning him in place. He looked furious and screamed, breaking free.

He rushed toward me, grabbed my face, and then slammed me into the ground while running, causing immense pain. I fought back, hitting his hand down. Then Axel channeled "STATIC SHOCK," releasing a shockwave of electricity that stunned me before unleashing "ELECTRO BLAST X10," a concentrated beam of electricity that pierced through my sides and sent me crashing into the wall.

In the crowd, Aqua pleaded with Cosmo to stop the fight, warning of imminent casualties. Cosmo looked at Aqua, smiling with delight; his eyes glowed like a void as he said, "This is fun." From where I was, I shouted, "HELIOS'S HANDS!" creating a massive fiery hand that grabbed Axel, slamming him against the ground and then the wall, dragging him as he screamed.

I threw him away, and Axel staggered to his feet, bloodied and wounded. "It is time to end this!" he exclaimed as the thunderclouds intensified and more lightning struck him. He became enveloped in an immense electrical aura, causing the ground to conduct electricity. He began chanting something that made the crowd gasp in shock. Aqua said in alarm, "Don't tell me he's casting that!”

Cosmo, still smiling, replied, "Let’s see what Blaze will do." Axel bellowed, "OVERLOAD: JUDGEMENT OF THE STORM!" Holding all the gathered electricity, he shouted, "DIEEEEEE!" A massive wave of electricity shot out from him, covering the arena before I could even react. I screamed, though no one heard me, and the blast surged up into the sky, engulfing the arena.

When the chaos subsided, Axel collapsed, drained from the attack, and I was nowhere to be seen in the wreckage. The crowd was left in shock until someone pointed upwards. There I was in the air, and everyone gasped. Even Aqua and Cosmo were stunned, but the most shocked was Axel, who asked in disbelief, "How is this possible?"

Cosmo commented, "He has already mastered PYROFLAME GATEWAY!" Aqua added, "Which means he went to the universe of primordial fire to escape the blast and came back. This is serious." I announced, "INFERNO SPHERE X10!" and a gigantic flaming ball, the size of an asteroid, formed in my hands.

From the crowd, I heard Stone shouting, "Axel, run! Forfeit or you’ll die!" I compressed the sphere into a small size and hurled it downward, resulting in a massive explosion that obliterated everything.

After the explosion, I descended into the arena, which had been ravaged beyond recognition. Axel lay on the ground, burnt and badly injured. I exclaimed, "Fireball!" trying to stop myself from outright killing him, but then Stone ran in front of Axel, spreading his arms to block. I yelled, "I won't rest till you're ASH!" My blast was almost ready when I felt various hits striking me, and I lost consciousness.

Before I blacked out, I saw Cosmo smiling with his eyes glowing like a void.

When I awoke, I found myself in my room, initially thinking it had all been a dream. But then I saw Aqua sitting on the bed. "Blaze, are you feeling well?" she asked, coming over to hold me. I blushed and replied, "Yeah, I’m okay." “Okay,” she said, pulling out a board that read "FIRST MISSION," and hanging it on the wall. “Get ready; you are going on your first mission with me!”

I responded, “Okay.”

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
© Copyright 2024 Davejesi (davidje345su at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324068-The-Elemental-Chronicles-Chapter-5