*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323302-Camikazi
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #2323302
The twins tell Toothless about Camikazi’s meanness. Does Toothless want to prank her?
Camikazi


Barf, one half of the twins’ Zippleback, tossed Hiccup onto his brother Belch’s neck and took off. Toothless observed them and decided his rider was safe. Barf and Belch were generally a good dragon, but had flighty moments. Toothless opted for a nap.

“Hey, T. How are you doing?” Toothless sighed and opened his eyes. It was Tuffnut and his sister Ruffnut. They were strange, and when the wanted something, relentless. “You’re looking good. The black scales suit you. Have you considered a red saddle, to match the tailfin? The right accessories can make such a difference.” Toothless and glared at Tuffnut. “I was making a suggestion. Sheesh. You can’t even hold a conversation around here.”

“Personally, I like your style, Toothless.” It was Ruffnut, Tuffnut’s sister. “Ignore him. We wanted you to know someone is coming to Berk. Her name’s Camikazi and she’s Hiccup’s friend.”

“Heh. Sure she is.” Tuffnut frowned, an unusual expression for him. “Camikazi is like Hiccup. Her mom leads their tribe, so she’s next in line to be Chief. Chieftess, I mean.” Toothless nodded.

“Berk is friends with her tribe, so they see each other sometimes. When she visits, she’s kinda mean to Hiccup.” Tuffnut gestured to his sister, and she picked up the conversation.

“The first thing Camikazi does when she gets here is tackle Hiccup.” Toothless tilted his head at the unfamiliar word. “She knocks him down. Tuff,” Ruffnut said to her brother, “go stand by the weapons rack so we can demonstrate for T.”

Tuffnut stood beside the rack and Ruffnut charged, leaping on top of Tuffnut and knocking him off his feet. “That’s a tackle. Then she does this.” Ruffnut grabbed her brother in a chokehold and knelt on his chest. “‘I win. I win again. You’re a loser, Hiccup. You’re still a loser.’”

Toothless growled. No one hurt Hiccup. Hiccup saved Toothless from years of pain and horror under the Red Death. He freed the dragons, and no one fought any longer. He was going to get this girl when she arrived, and show her why his name was Night Fury.

Tuffnut, still trapped in his sister’s hold, was trying to bite her and get loose. Toothless huffed to get their attention, and tried a human gesture he learned. He bounced one paw up and down while staring at the twins.

It worked. The twins stopped fighting and got to their feet. “Alright, alright,” Tuffnut said. “You don’t have to tap your toes at us. We get enough of that from our mom.”



© Copyright 2024 Whiskersandhersisters (whiskerface at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323302-Camikazi