*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323088-The-Ring
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2323088
Flash Fiction
The Ring

“Did you bring it?” Ted whispered.

“Bring what?” Alex asked, also whispering.

“You are kidding, right?”

“Of course. You seem a bit agitated… are you OK?”

“A little nervous, I’ve never tried to surprise anyone before.”

“Really?”

“Well, let’s say I never succeeded before. I did try a couple times when I was younger, but I never actually pulled it off.”

“And yet you decided to try again with this?!”

“Well, Gina seems to like surprises. She talks about them all the time when they happen.”

“Even though you never tried one?”

“Well, I helped her a couple times. That’s why I thought maybe this would work.”

“Surprising her with an engagement ring, yeah that’s a good place to start…”

“You have it… right?” Ted said, now feeling nervous.

“Yes, right here!” he reached in his pocket, then looked up at Ted with a panicked look on his face.

“You forgot it???”

“No, no! Maybe I dropped it? Let me go look in the car!!” off he went.

Ted stood there watching him run to the car when someone tapped him on the shoulder. He jumped out of his skin! Whipping around, there was Gina, smiling.

“Ted Bundy,” she started, “Will you marry me?” and she pulled the ring box out of her pocket. The ring Ted had bought, the ring Alex was supposedly trying to find.

Ted was speechless.

“Is that a yes or a no?” Gina asked, smiling.

Glancing back at Alex’s car, he saw Alex leaning on the door watching, grinning from ear to ear.

“Is this what it’s going to be like if we get married? Surprises all the time?”

“I hope so,” said Gina.

Ted took the box and put the ring on Gina’s finger. “I can’t wait!” and he kissed his bride to be.
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323088-The-Ring