*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323025-Meridith-at-17-years-old
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #2323025
Meridith figures out who done it. And introduction of TigerLilly
Suffix glossary: man=single male, men=multiple males, min=single female, mon=multiple females, myn=combination of male and female in a group.
Any comment on my suffix system in story telling would be appreciated.


Meredith at 17 years old.

"I know who did it." Meredith whispered to the small group seated about the table.

The Inn of the Bare Breast was not that busy tonight, and the tall ceiling was lost in shadows. The Inn was built to accommodate the Elfmon traveling from their communities on the edge of the Plains to the town of Grape Seed. The town was renowned for its succulent white grapes and the wine made.

During harvest season Elfmyn would travel to stomp the grapes into juice. Some of the Elfmon would lodge at The Bare Breast. The Inn was run by an Elfmin who disliked men of all the sentient species.

Meridith, at nearly eight feet tall and full of muscles found the accommodations useful as she was paid as bouncer to keep out males without permission.

"Okay who was it then?" Twig asked, her brilliant copper skin gleaming in the candlelight.

"Catmin," Meridith whispered again. "What is she calling herself now?"

"Tigerlilly." Muttered Leaf a timid Elfmin with her subdued dark bronze skin reflecting dully. "You know she was once a real cat. A familiar to an old Dwarfman Witchy Woman. She turned the cat mostly Dwarf for companionship. That is why she has orange and white cat ears on the corners of her head, a tail that connects to the end of her spine, and nails like claws

"That's not true. She was created from the Demon Realm."

"The first one is true." Wafted the purring voice of Tigerlilly from under the table. A shapely hand reached up looking for a tankard to push off.

"See I told you it was her."
© Copyright 2024 Randy Ames (randyames at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323025-Meridith-at-17-years-old