*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323005-Finding-Freedom
by Sun
Rated: E · Thesis · Writing · #2323005
My journey to find freedom and peace
A few years ago, I had an entirely different perspective on life and freedom. I believed that life was so short that we had to do whatever we desired, ignoring others' opinions, breaking every rule, and doing anything to prove to myself that I was free. But now, my perspective has completely changed. I've matured; I'm a grown woman living in reality. I once thought that doing whatever I wanted made me the cool girl who didn't care about others, but I realized that deep down, I was seeking attention and society's approval. I wanted to be noticed, seen as free, fun, and cool, but I was just pretending. Inside, I knew that wasn't who I truly was, and I felt like I was wearing a mask to please society.Now, I'm becoming my true self—someone who isn't afraid to be complicated, strict, or even boring. I no longer care if people misunderstand me or are upset with me. All that matters is my inner peace and mental health. I've realized that life is too short, so I must discover myself and protect my peace. I've learned that having a small circle of genuine friends is better than knowing everyone. Freedom doesn't exist in the way I once thought. You are free to choose whom you follow—society's standards or Allah's standards.For years, I tried to follow what society deemed good, but it left me feeling sad, fake, and empty. In contrast, following Allah's rules has helped me discover my true self, bringing me peace, real friends, love, genuine feelings, gratitude, and most importantly, the freedom to choose my purpose in life. Freedom is not about breaking the rules but enjoying the process of following them. As Nietzsche said:"la libérté c'est de savoir danser avec ses chaînes," which means we must enjoy the process. We need to change our perspective, be optimistic, and live in the moment.Life is like a maze, and the rules serve as guidance. Sadness, happiness, love, excitement, and all other feelings are just part of the process—they are temporary. Success and freedom are the gates out of this maze. If you choose the right guidance, you will enjoy your time inside the maze and appreciate every moment. But if you choose the wrong one, you will be stuck there, drowning in misery, hating the process, and just waiting for the time to be up.
© Copyright 2024 Sun (sunmony at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2323005-Finding-Freedom