*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322864-Side-Walk-Talk
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Nonsense · #2322864
Dialogue only - two friends talking on the side-walk.
On a side-walk in the hood, two lifelong friends shoot the breeze whilst watching traffic rush by.

“Come on man, you don’t mean that”

“Sure I do, don’t think your brother can take a chump out, please...”

“Jerome, listen to yo’self. Your talking about Floyd Money Mayweather, ain’t no way you gonna topple him. Did your momma drop you as a baby?”

“Hey leave my momma outa this, she’s beautiful and yes I know I can take him”

“I can see it now, you entering the ring with that stupid ass durag on your head. That hollow skull bouncing off the canvas on the first hit. Your momma screaming in the crowd ‘my boy, ma baby’ haha!”

“Ain’t gonna be my momma screaming nothing. Other people may be calling an ambulance, not for my hide. No sir. You forget, Trey, remember those wannabe thugs back in 9th grade given you trouble. What did I do?”

“Oh man, that takes me back some. Let me think, you sucker punched the biggest one, he went out like a light. Pop! Then the rest piled on top of us, that beating hurt for like a month”

“Don’t make this about you, it’s about me. Point is, I took him out like that!”

“Punching a tubby teenager with acne all over his face and fighting the world champ are two different things”

“Not the way I see it. Hit the gym a bit, be ready by fall. You be jealous when you see this smiling face in all the papers.”

“Come on man! You talking all this smack and can’t even find a job”

“Yeah? What the hell is your ass doing next to mine, on this damn curb?

“Broke as a joke, getting nowhere”

“Now you know why I talk this crap”
© Copyright 2024 Dreamward Bound (dajb1989 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322864-Side-Walk-Talk