*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322790-A-Friend-When-Needed
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Romy
Rated: E · Essay · Emotional · #2322790
One that makes you laugh or is always there for you.
June 30, 2024
First North American Copyright

WHAT DO YOU WANT MOST IN A FRIEND. ONE WHO
MAKES YOU LAUGH OR ALWAYS IS THERE FOR YOU.

We the people, generally enjoy laughing, and why not. Laughter has the ability to make one forget a problem, at least temporarily. Nevertheless, after the hilarity passes by, the upsetting situation remains. Strangely, laughter of any kind from a hee-haw to a grin in the daylight of reality may help the mind to solve the conundrum.

However, the question persists, who do we wish to share our frame of mind at a particular moment in time, be it happy or sad. There are special friends and there are acquaintances. If we need a quick pick me-up, an acquaintance could be called upon to lend an ear. In the need to open up heart-related emotion, then it is the friend who is always there to be called and leaned on for support.

After all is said and done, a friend who is always there for you is my choice. A same gender friend does not have to be the one to fill the niche of a confidant. Those of the opposite sex may provide a distinct perspective concerning a dilemma which may help clear up muddy thoughts and, hence, make decisions.

Truthfully, I do not have a best friend to whom I confide my feelings or assists in solving a quandary. No, I retract the last statement.

For a moment I forgot about my husband. He will listen to my grievances, and even though he does not always give me the answer I wish to hear, he will play the devil’s advocate role, which annoys me. Nevertheless, his well-known to me methodology forces me to see the other side of the equation. With a different viewpoint, success in my decision soon follows.

Having a spouse as the friend to be there for you in challenging moments can be as it is said “a blessing”. Still, do we want our spouse to be aware of a weakness in our personality as to how we manage an obstacle. I have discovered after a few choice comments between my husband and I, the give and take pull works.

Will this method work for all couples? The shingle in couple counseling with my name on it does not hang on my door, therefore, I do not know the answer. If it works both ways in a relationship, it can mutually benefit the participants.

The important aspect is to have a friend in the all-encompassing definition of the word to be there when a hug and an ear are present to help when we are stressed out. Although, better still when we are at our happiest moment.

####
© Copyright 2024 Romy (rosemarys at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322790-A-Friend-When-Needed