*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322742-The-Crow
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2322742
Flash Fiction
The Crow

How could I possibly sleep after this rotten day, I thought, as I lay there. The lights off, head on pillow, eyes shut. I took a deep breath, and opened them. It was a rotten day.

Looking around in the dark I tried to distract myself. My alarm clock was lit, of course, some small light piece on the light switch, so you can find it in the dark? My clock told me it was after midnight, irritating. Another day already and I still felt rotten.

Suddenly I saw a small light in the mirror on my table. I forced myself to try to figure out what it was without looking, trying to remember what I would see from my bed, in the mirror. The rest, in the mirror, was too dark to tell me anything.

After a few minutes my rotten day snuck back into my thoughts. I gave up, getting up to figure out what the light was, as if I even cared…

As I twirled around looking for the small light, something caught my attention at the window. Walking over, still glancing around for the light I was chasing down. As I got to the window, I automatically opened it.

In flew a crow! A real life crow, right into my room! Now I was really distracted!
I popped on the wall light, the crow had landed on my bedpost. Opening the window wider, I slowly walked over to scare it out.

It spoke, “You have such a golden life, stop being an idiot!” then it flew right out. And I woke up.

I was twenty-three years old. I’ve looked at life differently since that night. I don’t really know if it happened or was just a dream, but I’ve seen that golden life every single day.
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322742-The-Crow