*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322662--12000000-Seconds-Past-Midnight
Rated: E · Fiction · Sci-fi · #2322662
All about the "heros" who try to stop the universe from destroying itself.
The universe expands, and the constant clamour of fighting, dying, and bombing fades to the background like white noise, all while life gets less and less intelligent. In a particular location in galaxy Praxia, spiral arm 339XJ, lies a planet with one remotely intellectual being.

In the bustling corridors of Cleandor, a planet where even the dust particles held existential debates, Xylobot the Philosophical Janitor pondered the meaning of life while buffing a particularly stubborn stain off the platinum floor. Xyloblot, having an intellectual perspective on the world from a youthful age, naturally lacked companions to confer with. However, many hours with a dustpan in hand taught him there was a group he could have deep debates with. The dust particles he usually eliminated immediately, surprised him with their perspectives from a moral and political standpoint. Their views were quite morbid, reflecting the universe was meant to end so you might as well make that sooner than later. Eventually, Xyloblot found the pesky particles to be excessively pessimistic, so he scooped them into his Dustbin to be thrown into the rubbish.
Politics. Xyloblot hated politics more than Cleandor hated an unpolished window. It was solely a bunch of nincompoops flubbing their worthless mouths to get rich and famous.
As he mused over the intricacies of the universe and the absurdity of sentient beings worshipping vapid holo-superstars who couldn't differentiate between a black hole and a sinkhole, Xyloblot couldn't help but wonder if true enlightenment lay not in the stars, but in the precise, rhythmic motion of his mop.


Another planet held possession of a being less concerned about the latest trends, but uniquely, more terrified concerning the universe's allergies. "Oh my god, oh my god, the end of the universe is coming! I can feel It!!!!" A creature which resembled the shape of a blob turned from a mushy purple colour to a fluorescent, blinding Orange which lit up like a star.
© Copyright 2024 Sadie Bly (shadyb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322662--12000000-Seconds-Past-Midnight