*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322625-My-Crystal-Ball--WC-259
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2322625
She is prophetic and is the only one who thinks so...until 'the thing' happens.
My Crystal Ball




I have an invisible crystal ball inside my head, which is so annoying.

Everyone around me will get excited about something and I will know instinctively that "something" will not be so.

One example: In 2016, I knew the Cubs would beat Cleveland (4-3) to win the World Series. Everyone made fun of me until they didn't.:

Another, more recent example: My children have all moved to another state, too many miles away to visit by car and I don’t fly. How convenient. They bought adjoining lots. One lot has a house the other doesn’t. My oldest daughter lives in the house on the smaller lot. My youngest daughter and her husband must first build a house on their parcel. As things stand, they are living in another town, 45 minutes away, in a house they remodeled.

My prediction (which I kept to myself, of course) was that they would sell the lot instead of building on it. I found out today that my prediction came true.

This leaves my oldest child alone in a strange, rural town with bad roads. She has suggested I move there and live with her. She is being polite to her aging mother.

I’m not sure I want to live in a rural town with a night person (my daughter) when I am a morning person. I predict trouble even though love abounds.

I have been purging and boxing things up, albeit half-heartedly because my crystal ball tells me the move won’t happen, for one reason or another.

We will see, God willing.
© Copyright 2024 jackiesmuse (jackiesmuse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322625-My-Crystal-Ball--WC-259