*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322526-Fragile
by Diva
Rated: E · Chapter · Drama · #2322526
Chapter 4 of fragile
Chapter 4

Laying on your bed your mind starts wondering about many things like what happened in the past or what will happen in your future. You wonder about the happy things and the bad things. However, in truth, most people start to think negatively before going to sleep. That’s what people call anxiety. Anxiety is a feeling that you never show. It's a feeling that makes you struggle. Anxiety forces you to be perfect in an inhuman way. At first, you ask yourself what is this feeling. Then it starts to develop making you unable to sleep. I always wondered when I was young why people feel this way. When I grew up I knew why. People that surround you have high expectations for you and you try to achieve this expectation. Think of it as putting water in your glass doesn’t it overflow at some point? This is what the expectation does to people who always give unrealistic standards, especially parents to their children. I agree that parents always want the best for their children, but parents always put pressure on their children. Not only parents, but even friends could pressure them. Trying to act cool and not acting yourself just so you can be popular and impress those around you. Of Course, it doesn't stop here, college, or work everywhere you go. People that surround you always think that you're ok with these standards. The real problem is social media always puts unrealistic inhuman standards. The feeling of anxiety was created by those people who tried to achieve inhuman things that were or will never be real. Unfortunately, people started to think of these things as normal and try to achieve them by any means. That’s why this world started to be toxic to the point where children started to act as adults. But here is the real question: if I were to achieve these unrealistic standards would I be happy? The answer is simple NO, these standards will disappear at some point and new standards will be created so it will just be a cycle nothing more or else. The solution for this is also simple: Just be yourself nothing more or less. Life is a cycle and any event can change in one day so don’t break your heart and overthink stuff that will just keep you away from yourself. People may start to oppress you, but do you think it's worth it to change yourself for people who will die later? Being imperfect is way better than being perfect. Imperfection means being human while being perfect is no better than a robot. Life is a non ending cycle. It’s not worth it to keep feeling anxiety for people who are not worth it.
© Copyright 2024 Diva (penpilot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322526-Fragile